Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromecast vs Smart tv

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Whose doing it for €29?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Whose doing it for €29?

Curry's.

Amazon for £20.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

From Amazon, delivery to Ireland for this, at £18.00, will also include delivery + Irish VAT....

Bringing the delivered cost to £25'ish (€31.50).

Better to use PM, at £18 ( (free del to PM, + PM cost of €3.95.

Total delivered cost: (€26.85) ....see my pic below comparing both!!

image%20%283%29.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

From Amazon, delivery to Ireland for this, at £18.00, will also include delivery + Irish VAT....

Bringing the delivered cost to £25'ish (€31.50).

Better to use PM, at £18 ( (free del to PM, + PM cost of €3.95.

Total delivered cost: (€26.85) ....see my pic below comparing both!!

Or just something else for £7 like a BluRay and get free delivery; all orders with Amazon over £25 have free delivery to your house.

Mr Keek wrote: »
    Or just something else for £7 like a BluRay and get free delivery; all orders with Amazon over £25 have free delivery to your house.

If ya want a Blueray, or have use for one, but I would not pay an extra €9 to save €3.95.

But you are right, if there is another useful small item you need, to bring the combined total cost over £25/€32, there is indeed free postage to Ireland, but they will also charge Irish, not UK VAT, no big deal though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Im new to Chromecast. I only picked it up yesterday. Do you have the option of a browser on it so you can stream NBA or Premierleague games, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭gzoladz

killwill wrote: »
    Im new to Chromecast. I only picked it up yesterday. Do you have the option of a browser on it so you can stream NBA or Premierleague games, etc?

Mirroring?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,804 ✭✭✭b.gud

killwill wrote: »

Chromecast itself doesn't have a browser, but if you open chrome on your laptop/tablet/phone you should get the option to cast the tab.

And as noted above if you are viewing from your phone or tablet you can mirror the screen.

b.gud wrote: »
    Chromecast itself doesn't have a browser, but if you open chrome on your laptop/tablet/phone you should get the option to cast the tab.

And as noted above if you are viewing from your phone or tablet you can mirror the screen.

Chrome beta has more options for casting...

www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/google_chrome_beta.html

The CC does have a html5 media player built-in, for web app video playback, but control has to be from another device, laptop or android.

Is mirroring a good experience, I have not found it so, but probably because my local network would have too many bottlenecks, like old home plug devices, and just 802.11b/g WiFi .

I need to update, I know!!

Advertisement