Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How will we know when the recession is over you ask?

Options
  • 13-08-2014 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭

When they stop offering what really are real jobs as Jobsbridge jobs!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

When you hear of people getting decking installed again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

That'll never stop now company's realise they can get free labor,and the majority of the population will continue not giving a crap as long as it doesn't affect them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

We're the fastest growing economy in Europe at the moment.

Makes all the protests and anti-austerity heads look like ****ing morons all over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Err Has it not all been exports, Domestic economy has only started this quarter. And they have been fiddling with the figures, Crime, drugs, Prostitution are all taken into account now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

'Fastest growing economy' spiel doesn't wash with the many who are being forced onto JB and other unemployment figure massaging schemes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

No suit mentions turning a corner, traffic jams back to normal levels and Marks and Spencer announce a surge in food sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 upfrontwithit

ArtSmart wrote: »
    When they stop offering what really are real jobs as Jobsbridge jobs!

Don't kid yourself they are here to stay, why would anyone pay for a short term employee, or a long term more expensive one, when the taxpayer will do it for you for free

When you have to actually queue up for a breakfast role again and are blinded by cheap hi viz waistcoats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

When people can afford to book a holidayin the school holidays again...

Oh wait I did that today.....its over guys yay!!!!! :-D

*may not have booked holiday today :(*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 412 ✭✭better call saul

When patio heaters become the rage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I thought it was over. I've been living like it was over for a year now. Nobody told me it was still on. What do I do now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Irishchick wrote: »

I was in the timber section of woodies yesterday, the bloke there asked me if I was looking decking.

I got him with the first dig, don't worry ;)

Barred for life from woodies now though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 412 ✭✭better call saul

I thought it was over. I've been living like it was over for a year now. Nobody told me it was still on. What do I do now?

Stay frugal and don't get caught up in the nonsense that will develop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Christmas shopping in New York.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Just sit tight and whatever you do don't pay any debt you may have accumulated by living outside your means.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

When there's a Golfing Society in every pub.

Makes all the protests and anti-austerity heads look like ****ing morons all over again.

The guys that wrote that article look like morons too.
    The bullish prediction is driven by what the broker describes as a “clear recovery in the domestic economy”,

They can't even spell 'bullshît' properly. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,982 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

You take two people and ask them to do a 200 meter sprint every day for a year.

A lean muscled experienced sprinter.

A 20 stone fat dude.

At the end of the year, who would have improved more as a percentage?

When you have to actually queue up for a breakfast role again and are blinded by cheap hi viz waistcoats
    Irishchick wrote: »

A gang of builders waiting on breakfast rolls in our local Spar yesterday - with high viz jackets displaying the name of a construction company.

My Daughter had a patio laid 2 weeks ago and a neighbour got one this week.

Ergo the recession is over after all?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Just sit tight and whatever you do don't pay any debt you may have accumulated by living outside your means.

Oh my dear boy, apart from a mortgage many years ago I have never been in debt in my life.

• Advertisement

A gang of builders waiting on breakfast rolls in our local Spar yesterday - with high viz jackets displaying the name of a construction company.

My Daughter had a patio laid 2 weeks ago and a neighbour got one this week.

Ergo the recession is over after all?

Might be a sign, if the decklanders are back, all she needs now is a patio heater to waste heat outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Like the cleaning of a house it never ends...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Keep very, very quiet...

Oh my dear boy, apart from a mortgage many years ago I have never been in debt in my life.

That's something most of the older generation adhere tbh. My dad was/is the same. Nowadays w we seem to to to love the credit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

But you didn't pay it back, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Also, avoid starting sentences with the phrase 'my dear boy...'

ArtSmart wrote: »
    Keep very, very quiet...

Perhaps the opposite is needed and those that can spend and live better should be more obvious. Confidence in the economy coupled with injecting cash can go a long way in getting things back in swing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

You take two people and ask them to do a 200 meter sprint every day for a year.

A lean muscled experienced sprinter.

A 20 stone fat dude.

At the end of the year, who would have improved more as a percentage?

Have we really become that thick as a nation by swallowing all the "THE POOR LITTLE PEEPLE HAS NO MONIES" ****e that the media and populist politicians spouted that you think that the country showing clear signs of recovery is something that shouldn't be considered positive?

Tired of you miserable bastards ignoring facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭pavb2

Two pages in and no mention of a tracker mortgage. I'll only believe it's over when I see the likes of that ad again

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    But you didn't pay it back, right?

You've lost me there. It was paid back in full about 3 years earlier than the term. That was around 1988/89.

Advertisement