Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the english was a real **** lads

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

Got a B3 somehow. My comparative was pretty awful so I must have done well on the rest of it

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

I thought both papers went wonderfully and was expecting to get a B at least... I ended up with a C3.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Musicis4life13

I had never written a comparative essay before i sat paper 2 as my teacher went on maternity leave and we got a new one and he assumed we'd previously done one. Came out of there with a B2 I'm honestly very happy with that as I'd been just barely scrapping B3's all year.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

I got an A1, didn't open a book for 2 years which probably was a bad idea. I always remembered random Macbeth and poetry quotes, learned nothing and didn't read one of my comparative texts. I genuinely feel guilty as some people paid for 2 years of grinds and studied religiously for2 years and got B's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭HauntedGhost

xLisaBx wrote: »
    I got an A1, didn't open a book for 2 years which probably was a bad idea. I always remembered random Macbeth and poetry quotes, learned nothing and didn't read one of my comparative texts. I genuinely feel guilty as some people paid for 2 years of grinds and studied religiously for2 years and got B's.

You shouldn't feel bad. Your exam must of been really good so you deserve the A1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

You shouldn't feel bad. Your exam must of been really good so you deserve the A1.

I like writing, it's my only hobby. Still, some people are offended

• Registered Users Posts: 5 conor1508

Got 41% in the mocks, decided to forget about English and to not use it for points. Ended up with a B1 and counting it for points instead of French, after only studying the bare minimum the night before and the morning of the exam. So it's safe to say I was shocked!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

B2 because Heaney didn't come up! :pac: He will always be my favorite poet, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭robman60

I honestly do not feel I was overestimating my ability. I even had another English teacher correct my work and she gave me As and even 100% at times too. A third corrector gave me an A in the Pre. Two of those, I can confirm, corrected for the Leaving Cert.

On another point, yes I know spelling and grammar is essential to get an A in English or any language for that matter. In fact I love spelling and grammar, this passion being the main reason I got an A in my other two languages, Irish and Spanish.

Language, writing and communicating effectively (the basis of English as a subject) are things I really enjoy in life. My result left me devastated and I believe is an unfair representation of the work I put into English, and crafting my writing skills.
    In your case, you have solid reasons as to why you should have done better. You should view your paper and appeal if that's how you feel.

My comment was merely directed at a large cohort who seem to think turning out several pages of rambling stuff is how you get a top grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ciaran511

I got a C1 at higher which is exceptional for me considering the highest I ever got in an exam before that was a D2 in my mock!

• Advertisement
Advertisement