Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baking muesli to make granola?!

Options
  • 12-08-2014 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

I have a bag of sugar free muesli..
    Is it sill to think that I can bake it and it will turn crunchy into crunchy granola?
    Sick of muesli!
    :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

No that won't work because the dried fruit and possibly nuts or coconut will just dry up/burn.
    Plus you need to add a sweetner (e.g. sugar, honey, maple syrup) and usually some oil to make granola.

You could of course make your own granola, lots of recipes online but seeing as you are posting in the health and nutrition forum, I presume you are looking for something healthy, which granola really isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

No that won't work because the dried fruit and possibly nuts or coconut will just dry up/burn.
    Plus you need to add a sweetner (e.g. sugar, honey, maple syrup) and usually some oil to make granola.

You could of course make your own granola, lots of recipes online but seeing as you are posting in the health and nutrition forum, I presume you are looking for something healthy, which granola really isn't.

Oh ok.
    So if I added honey to oats and baked it, could potentially add to muesli and it would give it a bit if crunch?!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

Heat the honey to make it runny and will easily coat the oats before baking.
    This recipe is for a dessert but you could easily make crunchy oat and seed clusters to add to meusli, or a blend of spelt & oat flakes to make your own homemade simple meusli. Add fruit etc as desired.
    http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/fruit-recipes/homemade-granola-with-berry-compote

Advertisement