Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What supplements should I take.

Options
  • 12-08-2014 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭

Atm I take a multi vitamins tablet just before my workout and then after I drink my shake.
    I was wondering shall I invest in a pre workout supplement or anything else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭johnnyruane40

If you are happy with your workout intensity at the moment there is no point paying for a pre workout. You can always drink a coffee or green tea beforehand if you're feeling tired. No real need for whey protein unless you are not reaching your desired protein intake for the day. If you want to build muscle a calorific surplus is more important than a very high protein intake. The only supplement that I would recommend for a beginner to take is Creatine as it will directly benefit your gains and strength. The rest are nice add ons, but not necessary at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

no supplements

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

For me, the staples are:
    Whey protein (2 scoops per day)
    Creatine - 6g per day
    Multi vitamin - 1 tab
    Fish oil - 6 capsules of omega 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

It totally depends on your diet, supplements are exactly that, something used to take up any shortfall that you don't meet from your diet alone!
    If you eat a lot of fish, omega 3 might not be necessary, like wise if you eat a lot of meat/ eggs etc, the whey might not be necessary!
    It totally depends on how good your diet is! Getting the right macros from your food alone without supplementing would be the ideal situation!

Regarding preworkouts, I used to take them, I thought I couldn't go to the gym without having taken one! This proved to be a load of ****e! For me anyway it was all in my head, I've noticed little or no difference since I stopped taking them! A strong black coffee will give you the same kick at a fraction of the price!!

Advertisement