Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How To Pay Back 80k With 35 Acres?

Options
  • 11-08-2014 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Does anyone know if it's possible to pay back an 80K loan/mortgage with 35 acres of good land? Very vague question I know, but maybe someone had a similar experience? I am considering purchasing the land but I would need to be able to service loan with income from farm.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Is it just land, are there sheds etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,515 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Does anyone know if it's possible to pay back an 80K loan/mortgage with 35 acres of good land? Very vague question I know, but maybe someone had a similar experience? I am considering purchasing the land but I would need to be able to service loan with income from farm.

Surely you're buying with regard to farming in a particular sector ?
    If you're going to the bank for money you'll need a watertight business plan showing how you'll make the required payments within the sector you've chosen.

There are other questions??
    Do you expect to take an income for yourself along with the repayments ?
    Are you farming already? I'm not sure if you cant show "form" will the bank lend.
    Even after the €80k do you have capital to stock it and maybe purchase some machinery??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

sounds very cheap for 35 acres of land

Advertisement