Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor Diet & Whey Protein

Options
  • 11-08-2014 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

First off I am Male 20, in reasonable good shap etc but my diet is poor and I have a lot of tiredness especially during late afternoon evenings.

Bacially I mainly eat one large meal per day usually beef/pasta/rice/chicken/potatoes and some vegs. I tend to snack a little and have a real problem for dark chocolate. Anyway I can't get through a day without having to rest and in general I am lazy because I am tired.

Not really sure how to improve it as I don't really like cereals/milk/brown bread etc.

Anyway wondered if I should take some whey protein shakes as I am not getting enough protein at all and even improving my diet getting enough is still a big ask. Now I don't plan to do major workouts in the gym and concerned that taking shakes could do more harm if I don't do such workouts.

Advice/Tips much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Whey will do you no harm, it's almost impossible to eat too much protein, especially if you're already protein deficient.

That said, you really should sort out your general diet rather than relying on supplements: they're supposed to be a supplement, not a staple. Have you tried eggs for breakfast? Do you eat a lunch?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Whey protien shakes won't be some kind of miracle cure! Of course the extra protien in your diet will do no harm, but you'd be much better off sorting out your general diet first!
    I know it's easier said then done, but maybe try sorting out one meal at a time, get a good breakfast everyday and stick with it for a couple of weeks, then tackle lunch and dinner in due course!
    Are you eating any foods in particular that could be causing you to feel tired in the afternoons? For me, wheat is a killer and I just have to avoid it completely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

RonanM123 wrote: »
    Bacially I mainly eat one large meal per day usually beef/pasta/rice/chicken/potatoes and some vegs. I tend to snack a little and have a real problem for dark chocolate. Anyway I can't get through a day without having to rest and in general I am lazy because I am tired.

there's your problem right there.
    although there might be advocates of intermittent fasting, only eating one meal a day is obviously gonna leave you feeling tired.
    start by eating AT LEAST 3 times a day, and you'll probably find yourself having a lot more "energy", and will likely cut the propensity towards snacking on crap foods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭RonanM123

Thanks for advise, will try and improve it over the next few weeks.
    Have you tried eggs for breakfast? Do you eat a lunch?

Raw or boiled eggs? and yeah usually have a sandwich for lunch at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,581 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

RonanM123 wrote: »
    Raw or boiled eggs? and yeah usually have a sandwich for lunch at times.

Boiled, scrambled, poached....you get more protein bang for your buck when they're cooked.

• Advertisement
Advertisement