Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not In Kansas Now Toto

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

This post has been deleted.
    My mother used to. Until one Christmas Eve when she put the turkey in the tumble dryer. She never realised there was alcohol in it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I'm not normally one for adverts to particularly annoy me, but this one just makes me want to rip my fúcking eyeballs out of my face.

Am I over-reacting, or do you the good people of afterhours share my distress?!

Aragh not at all :)

You go for it lad :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Two things:

(1) I remember seeing how many likes and dislikes that video had on Youtube a while back. It had 30 dislikes and 10 likes. I see that they've since hidden the Likes/Dislikes :pac:

(2) I have to admit that I've only now just realised that it's a gay bar. "The Emerald City." "There's a lot of guys here." "You're not in Kansas now, Toto." I feel kinda stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Shallow Irish women in an American gay bar. Did Westcoast cooler want a fag hag ad or was it just a happy coincidence:confused::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

That Toto album was one of the first ever albums I ever bought.:o

Jeepers was I young at the Time.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Skullface McGubbin

Shallow Irish women in an American gay bar. Did Westcoast cooler want a fag hag ad or was it just a happy coincidence:confused::D

I faintly remember some ads shown years ago that were originally british made, with british actors but re-dubbed with irish voiceovers when they were shown on irish television.

That ad sounds like it has been re-dubbed for irish television which would explain why they're in an American gay bar. But then again, I could be wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Annoying alright.

theres something patronizing about it.

also its like it was devised by a guy in his 60's
    maybe if we associate happy good looking "hip" young people having a whale of a time in a "hip" and trendy place, then say our name, they'll buy our product.

oh yes Alfred, and try one of those new meme things, give it a catchy phrase.

(it was a private club ... kind of underground, but hey, they got in because they're so hip that they know about these things, they're part of the scene, I suppose that could be attributed to their taste in alcoholic drinks, if you choose the drink maybe you can be hip like them too)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Toto? OMG! it's pronounced TODO. You're such a douche.

Shocker of an ad alright.

3 ads that killed me over the last while are this, the Triago piece of whiny ****, and during the WC...every 2 seconds: "GET INTO HYUNDAI"...

Ahhh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Not as annoying as "do you want to go to the plage with me I'm going down down down at four in the morning"
    It's on in every fupping ad break!!!

KungPao wrote: »
    Toto? OMG! it's pronounced TODO. You're such a douche.

Shocker of an ad alright.

3 ads that killed me over the last while are this, the Triago piece of whiny ****, and during the WC...every 2 seconds: "GET INTO HYUNDAI"...

Ahhh!

And the hotel on the trivago ad doesn't exist! Lying b4stards

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I drink it because I've drank alcohol 4 times so far this year after over 3 dry years and I'm currently breastfeeding. A glass of wine would have me on the floor but lately when I'm out I do want a slight buzz and a spritzer suits me fine. I assume that most West Coast Cooler drinkers fit into the category of someone who wants a low alcohol drink. So I'm not sure who they are targeting by adding vodka?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 leeenfield

this one just makes me want to rip my fúcking eyeballs out of my face.

Hysterical Drama queen much ? are you American or just the product of Americana ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

I drink it too. It is nice with gin, dash of lime, in a pint glass with ice and a straw.

Can't drink many if them before they start to feel weird on the back of your throat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

West Coast Cooler and Vodka? They’ll be dredging knickers from every gutter in the land.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭emo72

OK it's a gay bar? They're girls. They're not gonna click here. Why the silly movie quotes? Do they think it's cool to talk like that? Why the funny face off her wan? Am I getting old, cos I don't know if I'm missing something obvious here. Am I over thinking this? Definitely. Would I ever buy that drink? No. I fecking despise it now.

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

anna080 wrote: »
    Not as annoying as "do you want to go to the plage with me I'm going down down down at four in the morning"
    It's on in every fupping ad break!!!

Oh christ yes, that ugly bird that looks like Slash in drag, awful awful repetitive song

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

leeenfield wrote: »
    Hysterical Drama queen much ? are you American or just the product of Americana ?[/QUOT

Drama queen much.......a little too ironic maybe.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 leeenfield

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    leeenfield wrote: »
    Hysterical Drama queen much ? are you American or just the product of Americana ?[/QUOT

Drama queen much.......a little too ironic maybe.:D

right there Ted

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I didn't get this one either - is it a gay bar? I can't imagine loads of men dancing around with just men in any other setting. If it they were all just sitting around, or there was a few guys or something, it would more likely. But this... Its weird.

The thing is, people are getting paid to make these. Good money. Ad agencies. And I've worked with these agencies in the past (as a paying customer) and I can tell, these "creative" "meeja" types are, well... often not the brightest bunch. I've often had to correct grammar and even language in copy, and question some of the ideas as they were nonsensical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The Carrs water biscuits ad is chronic too with yer wans freaky intense head.

Can't find a link to the vid though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

What are ads?
    (Said with an air of superiority from a guy who doesn't have a TV).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

I used to hate those Mikado ads they brought out a few years ago with the 3 girls that were supposed to be the biscuits or something. God it really annoyed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

What are ads?
    (Said with an air of superiority from a guy who doesn't have a TV).

Ads aren't just on TV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

Barry shaves his chest!

And the guy giving about barry is about 10 years older than the rest of them!

Advertisement