Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best place to buy a fake Xmas tree?

• 10-08-2014 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Decided taking down the tree in January that we really need to invest in a new tree. The old one is very old and looking kinda sad!!
    Where is the best place to buy one that will last many years? Would be interested in a big(ish) tree.
    I know brown Thomas has fab trees but I am sure they are pricey so any recommendations would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

You can get some crackers in decent garden centres. Lovely big full ones, that look authentic. You'd probably be looking at €120 to €150 but they last years.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I usually get mine in Woodies. :)
    Argos have a nice selection- but it's hard buying when you don't get to see what you're getting in real life, so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Dunnes is always worth a look. They usually have some lovely ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I got my first ever tree about 7 years ago in Argos and its still fab! Although I understand that it's hard to purchase something you can't see first- but if I remember correctly some of the larger stores had trees displayed and decorated in store :) woodies also do a fabulous selection every year !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

B&Q, Homebase & Woodies all have a good selection of trees in a range of prices. Dunnes & Home Store & More also have them but I didn't think they were as nice. I picked mine up in Homebase a few years ago and it came with 100 free decorations. I think I got mine towards the start of December and stock was already running low.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Think I'll be treating myself to a new tree this year.
    Eeeeeeeeek. :D:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    Think I'll be treating myself to a new tree this year.
    Eeeeeeeeek. :D:D

Me too. We went tree window shopping last year, woodies has some wonderful fake trees!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

M50 Christmas Shop / Beech Vista Garden Centre. Have a large range of Christmas decorations every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

Wait until after Christmas and get them in the sales much cheaper ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,146 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

My brother got a great tree in B&Q but the only down side is there's over 200 pieces to assemble every year!

• Advertisement

I got a new "main tree" in Homestore and More last year. Its huge, very lush. It doesn't look cheap and there are no gaps. It was around €180 mark I think.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

My brother got a great tree in B&Q but the only down side is there's over 200 pieces to assemble every year!

You say downside, I say great fun! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

The orchard in Cellbridge, we got ours there a few years ago, it was in the month of September also. Everyone thinks its a real tree also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

The orchard in Cellbridge, we got ours there a few years ago, it was in the month of September also. Everyone thinks its a real tree also

We got an artificial tree there last year. There wasn't a massive price difference between what we paid here versus the likes of woodies/ b&q but I thought the quality of the tree was so much better.

I was also looking in homestore, and nearly bought there, but I think the trees needed to be fully assembled one branch at a time which is fine if your tree is small but ours isn't.

I think all of the websites had good info and pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

Depending where you're based, Johnstown Garden Centre outside Naas. Rathwood outside Tullow. Or even Newlands Garden Centre. Wood is does have decent trees too.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

The last plastic tree I got was in Dunnes I believe, was nice. Maybe 35 euro or so.

Advertisement