Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Best place to buy a fake Xmas tree?

• 10-08-2014 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭ Blingy

Decided taking down the tree in January that we really need to invest in a new tree. The old one is very old and looking kinda sad!!
    Where is the best place to buy one that will last many years? Would be interested in a big(ish) tree.
    I know brown Thomas has fab trees but I am sure they are pricey so any recommendations would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭ Alicat

You can get some crackers in decent garden centres. Lovely big full ones, that look authentic. You'd probably be looking at €120 to €150 but they last years.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 26,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Posy

I usually get mine in Woodies. :)
    Argos have a nice selection- but it's hard buying when you don't get to see what you're getting in real life, so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭ Toto Wolfcastle

Dunnes is always worth a look. They usually have some lovely ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 Glitzgirl

I got my first ever tree about 7 years ago in Argos and its still fab! Although I understand that it's hard to purchase something you can't see first- but if I remember correctly some of the larger stores had trees displayed and decorated in store :) woodies also do a fabulous selection every year !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭ mel.b

B&Q, Homebase & Woodies all have a good selection of trees in a range of prices. Dunnes & Home Store & More also have them but I didn't think they were as nice. I picked mine up in Homebase a few years ago and it came with 100 free decorations. I think I got mine towards the start of December and stock was already running low.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 26,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Posy

Think I'll be treating myself to a new tree this year.
    Eeeeeeeeek. :D:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    Think I'll be treating myself to a new tree this year.
    Eeeeeeeeek. :D:D

Me too. We went tree window shopping last year, woodies has some wonderful fake trees!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭ WittyNameForMe

M50 Christmas Shop / Beech Vista Garden Centre. Have a large range of Christmas decorations every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭ theLuggage

Wait until after Christmas and get them in the sales much cheaper ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,271 ✭✭✭✭ freshpopcorn

My brother got a great tree in B&Q but the only down side is there's over 200 pieces to assemble every year!

• Advertisement

I got a new "main tree" in Homestore and More last year. Its huge, very lush. It doesn't look cheap and there are no gaps. It was around €180 mark I think.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Loughc

My brother got a great tree in B&Q but the only down side is there's over 200 pieces to assemble every year!

You say downside, I say great fun! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,531 ✭✭✭✭ average_runner

The orchard in Cellbridge, we got ours there a few years ago, it was in the month of September also. Everyone thinks its a real tree also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭ Call me Al

The orchard in Cellbridge, we got ours there a few years ago, it was in the month of September also. Everyone thinks its a real tree also

We got an artificial tree there last year. There wasn't a massive price difference between what we paid here versus the likes of woodies/ b&q but I thought the quality of the tree was so much better.

I was also looking in homestore, and nearly bought there, but I think the trees needed to be fully assembled one branch at a time which is fine if your tree is small but ours isn't.

I think all of the websites had good info and pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭ Next Gen Gamer

Depending where you're based, Johnstown Garden Centre outside Naas. Rathwood outside Tullow. Or even Newlands Garden Centre. Wood is does have decent trees too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators Posts: 81,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭ biko

The last plastic tree I got was in Dunnes I believe, was nice. Maybe 35 euro or so.

Advertisement