Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what pillow do you have?

Options
  • 10-08-2014 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Is your pillow a feather one with duck feathers or what not or is it a fluffy one with like cotton wool stuff inside it. I don't know what the name of that one is!

My pillow is the.cotton wool type

So AH What pillow do you have?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

I have three. Yes three. Siberian goose down. I like pillows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I have four. I have no idea what they're made of. Once they're poofy enough that I can sleep with my head essentially at a right angle to my body, I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I have four. I have no idea what they're made of. Once they're poofy enough that I can sleep with my head essentially at a right angle to my body, I'm happy.

Don't be obtuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

yup I have four too, two very flat ones and two perfectly poofy microfiber downy type ones for putting the flat ones on and sinking into.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

I have two and beyond that I really have no idea.

Mrs Fortuna regularly goes on about memory foam, or duck feathers, goose feathers, other stuff or ... I just hear Handel's Zadok the priest

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

2, both micro fibre.

I find them better than all the goose and duck down pillows my mother always insisted on. They keep their shape much longer, are softer and just much more comfy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

I should add I like poofy pillows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

I use a bosom.

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

TIL that people actually discuss and research their type of pillow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Memory Foam pillow, €10 from Penneys. Best €10 I've spent in years.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

I love my 'gel' pillow. Have 2 feathery poofy ones, they're grand and all, but I sleep on the gel one,its really cool on summer nights and gives great neck support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

We used to have feather pillows and a king size feather duvet. Then we discovered that many feather pillows and duvets are made from feathers plucked from live birds. We binned the feather stuff and will never buy anything feather filled again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

I've stitched together a bunch of kittens.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

We used to have feather pillows and a king size feather duvet. Then we discovered that many feather pillows and duvets are made from feathers plucked from live birds. We binned the feather stuff and will never buy anything feather filled again.

This. Plus, I never liked the rustling noises some of those pillows and duvets sometimes make.

Haven't been able to convert my mum just yet, though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I've stitched together a bunch of kittens.

Might go down the kitten route myself. The bunch of puppies I stitched together are getting smelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

I have one of these, and it's absolutely class

A ventilated memory foam job, topped by two feathery one's for reading/watching tv in bed.

The memory foam gives great neck support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Had a pillow fight in bed with the wife last night.

She struggled for quite some time, but I held it down tight until she finally stopped moving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Ditch

We've been down a similar route before .....

Surely I'm not the only one who doesn't have any pillows :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

A Dunnes stores bag for life filled with straw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

I use a bosom.

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow.

My (stupidly large) bosom gets in the way so I have 3 pillows stacked up. All cotton fiber. I'm a stomach sleeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Ah, jaysus :(

:D

The one for male one looks even better. It has what looks to be a marigold glove on the hand! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Question: Where do people get rid of old duvets and pillows?

Most pillows I find don't last that long and duvets eventually die - do you

*recycle them ( not too sure there is a market for second hand pillow ect)
    *throw in a bin for disposal
    *other

I can't figure out where they all go tbh :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Just the one empty pizza box for me. The warmth and lingering odour of that night's pepperoni always puts me out like a light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Feathers, only the best when filming those sexy pillow fights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I have 4. Used to sleep with memory foam pillows but found it terrible on my neck and back. Now I sleep with flat ones on the bottom, just the standard pillows and then 'hotel quality' pillows I got in Harry Corry which have lots of support in it but still feels squishy.

I don't even sleep on them though, always wake up with my head flat on the bed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Ditch

gozunda wrote: »
    Question: Where do people get rid of old duvets? I can't figure out where they all go tbh :confused:

Fire ;)

Advertisement