Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time Travel In Relation To The Past ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

antodeco wrote: »
    Black with grey stitching!
    antodeco wrote: »
    I still think that time travel is portal related! You can only travel to another created portal. So until that portal has been made, nobody can travel to prior of that point.

Saying that, I have been experimenting with time travel and quantum physics in relation to string theory and the manipulation of a time vaccum to travel through. I sm going to give it a go today and hopefully, if it works, I can post in this thread as proof. I was thinking something obscure would work. Im going to put on a pair of socks, and ill travel back in time and tell you all what colour and style they are!

Wish me luck!

It worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭gitane007

I think in the future it will be like going to the cinema for humans and that is all. Us Humans will never be able to physically travel back in time because there are way too many paradoxes involved when you consider it. But i do however think we will be able to manipulate space time and create portals that will act as a window to any time or event in the past and all can view it as witnesses. Kind of like watching modern current affairs events on youtube today. If you want to go back and witness the fall of Constantinople as it happened it will be possible, but to physically go back will never be possible unless our physical bodies evolve dramatically like they apparently did when we stepped on land.

I feel like im sitting on my own head!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

The only time travel people can do would be into the future, and that's physically placing themselves in suspended animation... be it cryogenics or whatever... and it'd be a one way trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

gitane007 wrote: »
    I think in the future it will be like going to the cinema for humans and that is all. Us Humans will never be able to physically travel back in time because there are way too many paradoxes involved when you consider it. But i do however think we will be able to manipulate space time and create portals that will act as a window to any time or event in the past and all can view it as witnesses. Kind of like watching modern current affairs events on youtube today. If you want to go back and witness the fall of Constantinople as it happened it will be possible, but to physically go back will never be possible unless our physical bodies evolve dramatically like they apparently did when we stepped on land.

I feel like im sitting on my own head!!!

So that would explain those shadow people you occasionally see at the very edges of your vision... or Ghosts - they're people from the future watching you, and them ghosts are future Cosplayers. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

I'm not a physicist... but I have seen one on TV

Time travel is already possible. I don't know the physics but I read before (or dreamed) that time moves differently the farther away you are the earth gravity. Example: Man gets in space ship and travels to moon. He returns after X days according to earths time. He only spend X/.99999999* days on the moon so when he returns to earth he'll be a fraction younger that he was than before he left.

Advertisement