Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HANGOVER FOOD - How do you aid the hangover munchies

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Lots of water as soon as I leave the bed. Stroll down to the shop for a hot chicken roll with lots of salad. Bottle of Lucozade Sport and a packet of green extra and I'm sorted 100 times out of 100.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

The only hangover effect I usually get is my stomach is in absolute bits. My head would be grand. Because of this I generally wouldn't be eating anything the day after a heavy session, maybe a meal in the evening if I'm able.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭Milly33

Pate on Tuc oh man....

Must have either egg mayonnaise sambos homemade, or tayto and coleslaw sambos..Lots of tea and lots of water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Birneybau wrote: »
    Fried eggs and bacon. Always.

Healthy option, peanut butter and banana on a toated brown bagel, with copious amounts of coffee.

The first option is probably as healthy if not healthier than the second option here.

Bacon and eggs is good for you, peeps! Spread the word! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

Roll from spar - either hot chicken(and the usual fillings, lettuce,cheese,stuffing) or if there are any left, sausages from the deli counter with cheese and ketchup! Has to be accompanied by a bag (or two if the hangover is really bad) of McCoys flame grilled steak crisps, washed down by a bottle of lucozade sport.

Dinner would consist of a take away, normally a pizza and wings from Dominos , that normally hits the spot.

Although I do feel guilty for eating all that crap afterwards, but that lasts for about 10 seconds when I realise it's what was needed!

The ultimate fatso hangover cure!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,982 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

A large slushee and maybe a McDonald's if my stomach is able for it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Is there anything to be said for a sausage sandwich with ketchup, and a mug o' scald?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Eggs/Toast & Lots of tea.. and McDonalds later!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Smoked cod and chips from the chipper and a pint of Coke.
    Make a sambo with the chips using fresh Brennan's bread and real butter.
    Make sure the chips are drowning in vinegar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Blackcurrant dioralyte, pineapple. West coast cooler.

Doritos and dip later, kiiiiid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

A good sh1te to empty oneself.
    A full irish breakfast.
    Tay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

4 rashers, 4 sausages, 3 white puddin, 3 black puddin, 2 eggs, beans, mushrooms, 4 toast, 3 brown bread, orange juice, tea.
    Tea, galaxy bar, 5 bags of meanies, 3 cheese n onion Hunky Dorys, 2 litre of club orange.
    Chinese, 5in1, spring rolls, prawn crackers, extra portion of chips. Pint of milk.
    Tea and toffeepops.

MJ23 wrote: »
    4 rashers, 4 sausages, 3 white puddin, 3 black puddin, 2 eggs, beans, mushrooms, 4 toast, 3 brown bread, orange juice, tea.
    Tea, galaxy bar, 5 bags of meanies, 3 cheese n onion Hunky Dorys, 2 litre of club orange.
    Chinese, 5in1, spring rolls, prawn crackers, extra portion of chips. Pint of milk.
    Tea and toffeepops.

If the alcoholism doesn't get you, diabetes will!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Haha if I ate most of what people are mentioning I'd feel worse!

I always find something spicy sorts me had a nice vindaloo Friday when was hungover sorted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

2 sandwiches:

sandwich 1:
    2 rashers done in the oven til crispy
    2 slices of brennans bread buttered & ketchuped

sandwich 2:
    2 fried eggs
    2 slices of brennans bread buttered & ketchuped

• Registered Users Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Pho.
    Always pho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

I must be drinking wrong.

You're not hungover if you can eat tbh.

I, when hungover, do be in the foetal position, cold sweating profusely and crying for my mammy.

Lightweights.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Yeah, I pretty much have no appetite when hungover. Bed and water and thats it until dinner time. Any food swallowed would most likely be coming back up straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Crackers, toast, fry up. That's all really.

If I've a really bad hangover I won't eat till about dinner time or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Hair of the dog that bit you might work, hair of the kebab that bit you certainly doesn't.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Haha if I ate most of what people are mentioning I'd feel worse!

I always find something spicy sorts me had a nice vindaloo Friday when was hungover sorted!

Leftover vindaloo or madras on toast, large bloody mary, then back to the cot for 3 hours with a litre of water and maybe a few squares of mint crisp on the bedside table for rehydration and a bit of a sugar blast.

Take a mega p1ss before going back to bed. Don't want the hangover bladder disturbing your snooze.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

retalivity wrote: »
    Pho.
    Always pho.

Pho sho'.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Ice cold can of coke when I wake up
    A fry if I get up
    If I stay in bed in a hoop for the whole day I'll order a Chinese. Salt and chilli chicken with a 3in1. Washed down with coke.
    Ahhhh hungover bliss. What an oxymoron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Salt and chilli chicken is the food of gods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

I must be drinking wrong.

You're not hungover if you can eat tbh.

I, when hungover, do be in the foetal position, cold sweating profusely and crying for my mammy.

Lightweights.

I love eating so much I was still trying to get burgers down me after getting my tonsils out. You think I give a feck about a few sweats?

Advertisement