Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014-15 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Jose says Diego will make Leicester if not Arsenal match. Solanke didn't play for U-21 so he would be available for Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Thanks for that. Need to make a decision on Remy then. Are people keeping or selling?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Lemlin wrote: »
    Ridiculous that they pulled out of the Remy transfer last year. He would have been a great FF option at Liverpool.

Bizarre opinion. He's been out 4 or 5 times this season injured proving that not signing him after a failed medical was the correct decision.

To say it's ridiculous that a team didn't buy an injury prone player who ended up being injured for a lot of the subsequent season doesn't make any sense.

https://twitter.com/MCFC/status/591575837566226432

PELLEGRINI ON SILVA: "David worked the whole week with no problems. He is fit for this game."

Yesss

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Remy is a bit of a pain in the bum. Will probably jettison him and get in another DGW striker for a -4 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

8-10 wrote: »
    Bizarre opinion. He's been out 4 or 5 times this season injured proving that not signing him after a failed medical was the correct decision.

To say it's ridiculous that a team didn't buy an injury prone player who ended up being injured for a lot of the subsequent season doesn't make any sense.

Has he missed alot of this season?

I only remember him missing this period now and being injured for a month earlier in the season as per this article:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/chelsea-injury-list-diego-costa-and-loic-remy-lead-the-blues-absent-players-9828773.html

When was the 4 or 5 times you refer to? His injury record on Transfermarket only refers to two periods injured this season also. The two I have mentioned above.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/loic-remy/verletzungen/spieler/45121

He's made 16 appearances for Chelsea in a possible 30 games so far. He featured in the first two games for QPR so 18 appearances in 32 games so far. Considering he's only a backup striker and Drogba was favoured for a few games, that's not a terrible record.

In 2012-13, he made 14 appearances after signing in January and he made 28 last season. Not a terrible record either year, particularly as he was an on-loan striker at Newcastle.

I certainly think Liverpool could have done with him this season, even with him missing those two periods.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

AdMMM wrote: »
    Remy is a bit of a pain in the bum. Will probably jettison him and get in another DGW striker for a -4 :(

Pulling my hair out trying to think of a solution only one I can think of is doing a -12 now. Is there any striker though that will guarantee play 2 games?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Pulling my hair out trying to think of a solution only one I can think of is doing a -12 now. Is there any striker though that will guarantee play 2 games?

I can't think of a DGW striker that's worth a -4 hit

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The Times saying Sturridge could be out for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

8-10 wrote: »

The failed medical was because of a heart condition, I don't think he's missed any games because of his heart :)

Having him for 15 games would have been better than Balotelli and Lambert put together IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Just on the Remy heart condition. I read a piece from the secret footballer (I think) that said a footballer will only ever fail a medical if the club isn't 100% sure about signing them. If a club really wants them they'll sign regardless and we'll never hear of it.

My personally theory is Liverpool got word that Balotelli was available and thought he'd be a better signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I can't think of a DGW striker that's worth a -4 hit

In the end I didn't get rid. Have jack cork with a few points that would be nice.

What happened with Moreno? Wanted a piece of that Liverpool defence but it seems to have backfired :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Any word on Costa ' s chances for tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

NP: "We've got one or two injury concerns from last night (King and Huth), but we'll have to see how they are." #LeiNew

NP: "Jeff Schlupp will be available for @NUFC but David Nugent won't be." #LeiNew

NP: "Because it's a quick turnaround and an early kick-off, we'll have to take into consideration the fitness of the players." #LeiNew

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

debuchy has a hamstring injury which Wenger can't put a timescale on
    brilliant news :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

km79 wrote: »

Bellerin to Naughton remains one of my worst transfers of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

NP: "We've got one or two injury concerns from last night (King and Huth), but we'll have to see how they are." #LeiNew

NP: "Jeff Schlupp will be available for @NUFC but David Nugent won't be." #LeiNew

NP: "Because it's a quick turnaround and an early kick-off, we'll have to take into consideration the fitness of the players." #LeiNew

Had a knee scan .. waiting on results.

Dinnery on Huth

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

That's probably alder in midfield for the rest of the season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

km79 wrote: »

This doesn't seem as bad as we think. Probably out for Hull but don't know after that.

Not sure on bringing in Bellerin now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,481 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

This doesn't seem as bad as we think. Probably out for Hull but don't know after that.

Think I'm going to go with Koscielny and two attackers. One of the GW37 fixtures is at Old Trafford so that could be a tight affair.

Think I'm going to go with Koscielny and two attackers. One of the GW37 fixtures is at Old Trafford so that could be a tight affair.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

when wenger does not put a timescale on injuries they are generally worse not better than expected ! I'll keep him anyway no point wasting a transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I reckon Bellerin is already a better player than Debuchy ever was or will be, Debuchy may get one DGW game but I don't see him getting any more, it'd be bananas to waste a transfer to lose Bellerin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Pity the arsenal game isn't sat

Advertisement