Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low Carb Breaded Chicken?

Options
  • 07-08-2014 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm looking for some advice on breading chicken fillets myself. The reason I'm asking here and not the Food Forum is that I'm training 3 times a week with a Low Carb/ High protein diet at the moment. I grill and oven cook chicken fillets at the moment and I'm just bored with it, so would anyone have any ideas how to mix it up a bit, maybe have some recipes for breading chicken myself that would be ok? I'm not a great cook so simple ones would be fine! :o

TIA

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

You could try coating the chicken with ground seeds (available in aldi).

Slit the breast and fill with pesto before putting in oven.

Fry on the pan using a little seasoned flour, in coconut oil or butter.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

You could stuff two together with philadelphia herb cream cheese in the middle and wrap them in rashers/parma ham
    I'm pretty sure the cheese is lowish in carbs??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

http://grabbinglifebythekettlebells.blogspot.ie/2014/01/coconut-lime-chicken.html?m=1

This chicken is delish. Actually every recipe I've tried of Diane's has been fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭SusanneKn

I coat mine with all sort of seeds. You find a good collection in Health Stores.

Also you can replace the chicken with Turkey (I get Turkey Steaks in my local butcher) or Tuna Steaks.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Blitz some almonds in a blender and stick them on with egg white, a small bit of coconut flour is nice too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

I use a mix of ground almond, lemon zest & dried herbs in place of breadcrumb

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Yip ground almond is the best. Buy is for a 1 or 2 euro in aldi. Tip:it's also known as almond flour
    Many fried chicken recipes out there with almond flour.

This is supposed to be lovely

http://www.everydaymaven.com/2013/paleo-oven-fried-chicken/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

You say locarb, so even a mix of a slice of wholemeal bread grated mixed with parmesan grated in a bowl. Then in another bowl mix oil and garlic, dip and coat and bake.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,179 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

You say locarb, so even a mix of a slice of wholemeal bread grated mixed with parmesan grated in a bowl. Then in another bowl mix oil and garlic, dip and coat and bake.
    Wholemeal bread isn't low carb.

Almond meal is prob your best bet. Still some carbs there, so weigh it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,584 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Hi guys,

I'm looking for some advice on breading chicken fillets myself. The reason I'm asking here and not the Food Forum is that I'm training 3 times a week with a Low Carb/ High protein diet at the moment. I grill and oven cook chicken fillets at the moment and I'm just bored with it, so would anyone have any ideas how to mix it up a bit, maybe have some recipes for breading chicken myself that would be ok? I'm not a great cook so simple ones would be fine! :o

TIA

Have you tried just different spice combos?

Changing the flavour up every time stops boredom with chicken setting in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

OP your bored with grilled chicken breast, surprise surprise!

Roast a whole chicken, on top of whatever veg you like( the chicken fat/juices will soak into veg), put a little butter under skin(a chilli also if you like), lemon in carcass, salt on skin, flip for last 20 minutes to roast underside brown.

Rip all meat and skin off and place into veg/juices/fat. You'll never find that boring and use all the chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Thanks for all the replies! Trying out the Philadelphia and wrapping it in bacon later, starting with something a little easier! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

You could also mix some parmesan and ground almonds to make a coating.

Similar to the pesto idea, slit the breast of chicken and stuff with sundried tomatoes.

Advertisement