Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Division 9 Thread

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

lbj666 wrote: »
    I have Peterson,3rd pick. Was delighted to see him still on the board instead of Jamal Charles. Now i am not.
    Its not looking good given every thing about the nfls conduct policy during the week i would be very surprised to see him back on the field before he is due in court.

Looks like he will be back playing next weekend according to Vikings statement, they are going to let the legal proceedings run their course, interesting to see now if NFL intervene.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭mistermatthew

My team is ruined. Three rb and a qb out. lol. Season over

Winning by 0.8 of a point after Gostkowski kicked 19 points in final match:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Winning by 0.8 of a point after Gostkowski kicked 19 points in final match:cool:

Lucky to get away with not starting the Bears defence after picking them up on waivers. They were on put on my bench and didn't notice til their game started.

It their anyway to set that up automatically , as in an empty starting spot gets automatically filled before game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭youngco87

Lucky to get away with not starting the Bears defence after picking them up on waivers. They were on put on my bench and didn't notice til their game started.

It their anyway to set that up automatically , as in an empty starting spot gets automatically filled before game time.

I've been caught with this two weeks in a row! Picked up the Packers D last week leaving 22 points on the bench. Lucky the person I was playing had ray rice in their team!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Some dudes have inactive players on their team. Like one lad has Ray Rice still starting. I've had to earn my victories, just seems a bit crap :/

Some dudes have inactive players on their team. Like one lad has Ray Rice still starting. I've had to earn my victories, just seems a bit crap :/

Even more annoying when the still beat you like happened to me few weeks ago:(

Calvin Johnson as a first round pick is really backfiring on me only managed 1 touchdown from my RBs and WR last week

Calvin Johnson as a first round pick is really backfiring on me only managed 1 touchdown from my RBs and WR last week

There really is a lot of luck involved. A lot of the first round picks did not live up to expectations, got injured or had other issues. At least Johnson should be back soon.

True had hoped to get Adrian Peterson instead!

• Advertisement

There really is a lot of luck involved. A lot of the first round picks did not live up to expectations, got injured or had other issues. At least Johnson should be back soon.

Yep every fantasy league been turned on its head from the 1st rounders just not delivering or being hurt or beating their kids. I am finding with such a big league of 16 teams its really tough to find any players of quality off waivers

• Registered Users Posts: 21 alsully

Yep every fantasy league been turned on its head from the 1st rounders just not delivering or being hurt or beating their kids. I am finding with such a big league of 16 teams its really tough to find any players of quality off waivers

U can't say there's luck involved. If u drafted a rb u shud have handcuffed. In ap case asiata was fine for few weeks now McKinnon is doing grand.

alsully wrote: »
    U can't say there's luck involved. If u drafted a rb u shud have handcuffed. In ap case asiata was fine for few weeks now McKinnon is doing grand.

AP beating his kid was unforeseen when the draft happened. It pretty much is bad luck that happened if you drafted him. Obviously you can go to the waivers, but hardly any (if any) of those have the production that a first rounder should have.

Made the playoffs 11-0. Pretty happy with that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

I missed the draft and have been chasing ever since- in a 16 team league you need to hit the ground running and I didn't-waivers are a nightmare. Just as well i'm sitting in a playoff spot in my other league.

Ya a lot of lessons learned with me. Your right you really need to hit ground running with a 16 man league, there isn't really any depth on waivers beyond the first few weeks and when there was I was way down on the priority list from making less meaningful changes.

Got hit by 2 qb injuries, injury trouble at RB, star RB suspended and numerous players dropping down the team depth chart.

Time to go back to spread betting i reckon :P

First week of the playoffs not a bad time to reach the 100 point mark for the first time even with Kap at Qb, just a pity it's in the consolation bracket!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭youngco87

Not sure how I made the playoffs! The weak division helped but I was surprised to get through last week too. Now I play a team with Big Ben, Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell...hopefully we get the terrible steelers this week!

youngco87 wrote: »
    Not sure how I made the playoffs! The weak division helped but I was surprised to get through last week too. Now I play a team with Big Ben, Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell...hopefully we get the terrible steelers this week!

Ah, you're playing me so. I rely heavy on Bell and Brown obviously so hopefully I will get the good Steelers this week. They did well last week when I wasn't playing anyone, so they'll probably be muck this weekend.

I've enjoyed this league. The 16 man format is pretty good - I just wish we had a flex position inside of the 3rd WR slot.

Anyway, best of luck Is Flacco Elite.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭gocall01

Championship game baby!!! #BringItOn

• Advertisement

Just a successful Jimmy Gramham hurdle away from a defeat at weekend won by 0.8 points:cool: Consolation championship game now this weekend.

gocall01 wrote: »
    Championship game baby!!! #BringItOn

Congrats on the title. Your team was superb this week. God damn OBJ!

Really enjoyed the league overall. I'll be up for it again next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭gocall01

Cheers, Wilson, Foster, Maclin & Bryant were great for me all season and Beckham was a great pickup.
    In for next year, bring it on!!!

Advertisement