Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best fingerBar mower

Options
  • 06-08-2014 9:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41

Hi.

I'm going buying a finger bar mower tomor to cut a few acres I have around the house

The guy I'm buying it off has about 5 different mower for sale.. . All different types

Any advice on which ones are the best? Or which ones to avoid

I know he has an international , and a ransom mower. . . But don't know make of the rest of them

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

BattyJoe wrote: »
    Hi.

I'm going buying a finger bar mower tomor to cut a few acres I have around the house

The guy I'm buying it off has about 5 different mower for sale.. . All different types

Any advice on which ones are the best? Or which ones to avoid

I know he has an international , and a ransom mower. . . But don't know make of the rest of them

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

My advice would be not to buy any of em, they'll only break your heart.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 BattyJoe

My advice would be not to buy any of em, they'll only break your heart.

Ha ha. well shur if I got a half decent one it should be okay. I can't use a rotry as it's all stones. . . And too strong for a lawn mower.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

There's a road I'll never go down again. Finally got the ould lad to scrap his and buy a mower, such a pain, so many bolts!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,680 ✭✭✭flutered

back in the day i used a pierce 2a mower, behind a fergusson 20 desiel, it was a fair yoke to work, the advantage of it is you can tilt the fingerbar upwards, which means most small obsticles etc are untouched, key component is edge, the old folk hereabouts when i was a chaap used to say one has to be a good liar to be able to edge properly, nowdays with the new fangled tools it is easier, also keep all bolts full tightned, when changing the blade check all nuts and bolts, oil and grease are cheaper than spare parts, thats all i can think of, oh going around a field at a fast speed will loosen any thing which can become loose, then its lost, another spare part is then required.

Advertisement