Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Weed wars' on Netflix

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

As I stated in an earlier post, I personally think at this stage it's a front, in the US at least, where legalisation in the liberal states is impending.

I would tend to agree I think this lack of proper regulation is very deliberate ,why? I dont know maby a higher percentage of a dosile population are less trouble all round. But I do think to esentailly legalise it on a medical basis like they have done is a complete nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

nelly17 wrote: »
    I would tend to agree I think this lack of proper regulation is very deliberate ,why? I dont know maby a higher percentage of a dosile population are less trouble all round. But I do think to esentailly legalise it on a medical basis like they have done is a complete nonsense.
    Because there isn't any burning desire amongst the voters in these states to attempt to control its availability. I think people are coming round to the notion that being able to buy weed from a shop isn't going to cause the sky to fall in. They legalised in in Colorado and the world kept turning and the sun continued to rise in the morning. I doubt it's much to do with crowd control given that even in places where it's de facto legal the proportion of daily smokers is small. Basically, a world where weed can be bought from a shop looks pretty much the same as one where it can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Legalize gay marijuana marriage!

And the cake, don't forget the gay cakes:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

catallus wrote: »
    "Medical Marijuana" is just a smokescreen, in much the same way as a drinker will say they need to drink a bottle of brandy everyday to keep pain away.

Notwithstanding the proven effects of pain relief provided by cannabis in specific illnesses, the approach of legalising it for this purpose is nonsensical. It destroys lives.

Can't entirely agree with that, that are a lot of people interviewed on it with genuine illness MS , Cancer , Seizures and all were on very strong medical marijuana and they said it was helpng them, helping the actual pain without the side effects of all the other drugs they were being asked to take.

Bottom line though , if any one of us was diagnosed with a serious illness tomorrow and we found out that Cannabis would illeviate that pain for us, would you be happy at being told you can't take it?Being called a criminal?

Would you grow it yourself in that case, and if caught are the guards going to arrest a cancer patient who's dying for trying to medicate themselves and throw them in jail??

Something like this will eventually happen to someone and then it'll get headline attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

To be fair, I have never been in an offie where the staff are clearly hammered.

visit Scotland.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Watched a snoop dog interview recently, he has a prescription from one of those dodgy places, some bullsht reason like finger pains or ankle cramps and now he can legally smoke as much of the stuff as he wants.

http://www.lily.fi/sites/lily/files/user/13490/2013/08/marilize-legajuana-15992.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Watched a snoop dog interview recently, he has a prescription from one of those dodgy places, some bullsht reason like finger pains or ankle cramps and now he can legally smoke as much of the stuff as he wants.
    He smoked wherever he wanted anyway. Everyone just seemed to give up caring about him smoking. There have been a number of high profile smokers that don't hide it and in general people (even police) just accept they're a smoker and trying to do anything about it will just encourage cannabis debate so they leave them alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Irishcrx wrote: »
    I don't have one , and as I said I'm in favour of legalization and regulation, your missing my point. My point is why are they not producing more CBD potent strains that are proven to be the most beneficial for treating illness in patients. Not everyone who uses as medicine wants to be stoned as a result of it , they might have jobs or need to be up and about during the day, high sativas aren't good enough.

Also , I don't think having the owners of these places constantly using themselves and claiming it's medicinal paints it in a good light it's not believeable that the entire family is sick and needs marijuana. If your running a professional service , particularly one like this...be professional about it. If you just want to get stoned , be honest about it.

And yes of course weed is safer than drink , but we don't use booze to treat cancer patients effectively do we?

Ah you see you are missing my point, its a recreational drug as much as drink is but with medical benefits, as you have so clearly pointed out. Yet alcohol is tolerated in society, even though it is a detriment to your health and society, but being drunk is ok as it a part of our supposed 'culture', ah sure because were Irish and were great craic WHA !!! ?

And its been proven that there is no accurate way to determine if someone is 'too stoned' to operate a vehicle because tests have shown that 'stoned' drivers can operate a vehicle in a more safe manner than someone who has had no effect of the drug

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Irishcrx wrote: »
    I don't have one , and as I said I'm in favour of legalization and regulation, your missing my point. My point is why are they not producing more CBD potent strains that are proven to be the most beneficial for treating illness in patients. Not everyone who uses as medicine wants to be stoned as a result of it , they might have jobs or need to be up and about during the day, high sativas aren't good enough.

Also , I don't think having the owners of these places constantly using themselves and claiming it's medicinal paints it in a good light it's not believeable that the entire family is sick and needs marijuana. If your running a professional service , particularly one like this...be professional about it. If you just want to get stoned , be honest about it.

And yes of course weed is safer than drink , but we don't use booze to treat cancer patients effectively do we?

TLDR, you have no idea what your talking about, GBTS !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

I've watched Weed Wars, it's a nice show to watch if you can't think of anything else, though it's definitely scripted if you ask me, there's not much real about it, though the facts are. Marijuana should be legalized both recreationally and medically. The great thing about marijuana is the fact you can smoke it, but still be in your right mind, it's not like alcohol or other drugs where you're going to go and do something totally out of character, and potentially dangerous or stupid. Someone under the influence of marijuana never acts out of character or does something stupid. It's great for numerous things, it's a very effective painkiller, anxiety seems to totally disappear when marijuana is present, it's great for stimulating appetite, and I don't think there's a single sleeping pill on the market that's more effective than marijuana, and and marijuana has the advantage that you wake up feeling incredibly well rested, rather than groggy. Marijuana use is also so common that no matter how much it's fought, it's always going to be a losing battle, pretty much anyone can get access to marijuana, so that fact combined with the huge medical and recreational benefits, I really don't see why the stuff isn't legal, they might as well legalize it to make some tax on it, because they rarely enforce the law anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Overflow wrote: »
    TLDR, you have no idea what your talking about, GBTS !!!

I have no idea what your talking about TLDR?GBTS? at least speak proper English man if your trying to make an arguement? Other than the usual drink vs weed speech...we all know that already.

Advertisement