Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revenue to take property tax - where are the TD's who led people up the garden path?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Phoebas wrote: »
    I think they have other ways of dealing with self employed tax evaders.

Didn't we have a Taoiseach recently who didn't have a tax clearance certificate?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Didn't we have a Taoiseach recently who didn't have a tax clearance certificate?
    Bertie?:confused:
    What has that got to do with the ability of the Revenue to deal with self employed tax evaders?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

I got another LPT demand letter during the week. Once again I was threatened unless I pay the outstanding amounts in 14 days then blah, blah, blah

According to the demand letter, and despite what we were told at the time, there is no interest or additional charges added to the Household Charge that was due two years ago.

I'm self-employed so they can't deduct anything from my wages.

In other news, last week, the Trade Union puppet, Brenden Howlin, said that they'd look at returning some, or all, of the PS pay cuts next year.

Irish people are officially the stupidest people in Europe, if not the world!

Brendan howlin said no such thing but that statement and your contention that because your self employed means your immune from a deduction does at least back up the last bit of your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Bertie didn't even have a bank account. What would an ex Minister of Finance and Taoiseach be doing with one of them tax clearance yokes. Complicated stuff dat.

Brendan howlin said no such thing but that statement and your contention that because your self employed means your immune from a deduction does at least back up the last bit of your post.

What did he say then?

http://www.herald.ie/news/22bn-the-bill-to-reverse-all-pay-cuts-in-the-public-sector-30503656.html

• Advertisement

In other news, last week, the Trade Union puppet, Brenden Howlin, said that they'd look at returning some, or all, of the PS pay cuts next year.

Why are you linking to a newspaper article that refutes what you said just an hour ago? :confused:
    Public Spending Minister Brendan Howlin has announced there will be talks on the restoration of pay cuts to the public sector made during the economic crisis.

However, Mr Howlin has stressed not all the "emergency" pay cuts will be restored and any reversals will be done over time.

Why are you linking to a newspaper article that refutes what you said just an hour ago? :confused:

Government spin merchants working 24/7 these days.

Deny, deny, deny!

Government spin merchants working 24/7 these days.

Deny, deny, deny!

That old chestnut.
    Predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,235 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

You must be the only person in the country who didn't have their unpaid €100 household charge doubled to a €200 LPT.

I never paid the €100 charge 2 years ago and it wasn't added to new charge which i have paid.

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    I never paid the €100 charge 2 years ago and it wasn't added to new charge which i have paid.
    The onus is on you to pay it. Every unpaid €100 HHC was doubled to a €200 LPT.

They just haven't processed you / caught up with you yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

So do you work for the Labour Party or the Trade Unions?

WTF? The poster just pulled you up on a bullsh!t post and this is the best you can do? Er who do you work for IBEC or the Sunday Indo?

WTF? The poster just pulled you up on a bullsh!t post and this is the best you can do? Er who do you work for IBEC or the Sunday Indo?

Here's an article that's going to make your blood boil. :)

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/public-sector-employees-are-8-an-hour-better-off-30513271.html

There does not seem to be any other public mouthpiece, apart from IBEC and the right of centre press, who are not afraid to continually critisise the Trade Unions and their political puppets, The Labour Party for some of the mess this country is in.

Increasing general taxation to help pay for the virtually unequaled benefits that Irish 'Social Partners' enjoy, in my opinion, is disgraceful. We are still borrowing €2billion every three months to pay for running this country and the Trade Unions want pay increases for their members. How can anyone defend such a move apart from if it is their own interests to do so?

Advertisement