Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISS Back Tonight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,117 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Pass coming up just now if you have a bit of clear sky

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

Just passed over here now:D
    Grand clear sky

Bit cloudy here but did get to see half the pass

• Registered Users Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

4 extremely bright passes tonight....2239-2242 , 0013-0019 , 0149-0155, 0325-0321

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Think I caught a pass last night (random "oh, that's moving" moment, haven't checked passes online
    ) something past one am, very high (like pretty much above me), visible for ages great brightness.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Saw it by chance last night. Was out the back and could see Jupiter and then the next thing saw a really bright object moving next to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

Think I caught a pass last night (random "oh, that's moving" moment, haven't checked passes online
    ) something past one am, very high (like pretty much above me), visible for ages great brightness.

I went out to see if I could see Mars about 10:30 last night .... and ISS went whizzing past

• Registered Users Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

tonight at 2355 to 0001 and 0131-0136

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭oleras

tonight at 2355 to 0001 and 0131-0136

One of the longest and clearest i have seen yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Perfect view from east Galway, almost overhead but actually passing over Cork/Limerick, I guess it is 400 km up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

holly8 wrote: »
    I went out to see if I could see Mars about 10:30 last night .... and ISS went whizzing past

I love just happening upon it like that, I get the feeling we're just neighbours, waving at each other from across the street once in a while.

Nothing against this thread of course :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Bright, nice and long visible pass tonight ,again just jumped out beside Jupiter !
    However,tried to look at the planets with my scope,dunno why but despite a nice calm weather,the air quality wasnt great ! Or,maybe the low angle,on top of the roofs ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Changing topic, but there was a lovely meteor about ¼ of an hour ago, passing west of Mars and of similar brightness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

My night-vision scope is getting old in regards to dead pixels and quality, but it shows the ISS moving through the star systems on the 02/06/2016...

Thu Jun 2, 00:38 AM 5 min 51° 10° above W 18° above ESE

Must have a look out now. Pass coming up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Next pass at 22:53

• Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭Mech1

shedweller wrote: »
    Next pass at 22:53

Any more info? elevation direction etc?

Mech1 wrote: »
    Just look up and you can't miss it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭cml387

Almost directly overhead moving west to east at zenith at 22:56

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Fri Jun 3, 10:52 PM
    Duration: 6 min
    Max height: 66°
    Start:10° above W
    Finish:10° above E

gonna get the camera out, it took these a few months ago: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138838681@N04/sets/72157662680539734

lets try the space station!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Its to the right of jupiter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Just passed over Galway got a lovely view nice clear sky

gonna get the camera out, it took these a few months ago: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138838681@N04/sets/72157662680539734

lets try the space station!

Way too quick for me, but got a few poor shots of Jupiter and its moons:http://s962.photobucket.com/user/mech1111/slideshow/Jupiter%20030616

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

ISS coming up in 4 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

Was out the back of the house circa 8.10 tonight and glanced up at the sky.

It was very clear and I thought it would be a great night for the ISS to fly over.

I was looking at one particularly bright object and wondering what planet it was when I realised it was moving - it was the ISS!

Fantastic view of it for approx 3 mins and its going to be in our skies every night until Oct 19:

https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/sightings/index.cfm

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TPF2012

Hi. I was looking at the remarkable clear stars out this evening in an area with little light pollution at 8pm when I noticed a fast moving dot, directly overhead moving from NNE to SSW approx. I thought it might be the ISS but looking online, it was meant to be visible at 7pm. Also, is this direction wrong for the ISS? A satellite?

Yes almost certainly. There are so many satellites up there and e.g. the Russian Resurs 01 rocket body would have been quite bright around 8pm tonight.

• Advertisement

Japan’s H-IIB heavy-lift rocket arced into the night skies over Tanegashima Island on Friday, carrying into orbit the sixth H-II Transfer Vehicle on a critical supply run to the International Space Station and its six crew members.

HTV – currently the largest in the Station’s visiting vehicle fleet – is set to deliver to the orbiting outpost important cargo among which are six new batteries to revamp the Station’s power system to enable ISS to head into the next decade of operations. In total, the mission is delivering six metric tons of supplies, comprised of food, water, maintenance hardware, and science utilization equipment.

Arrives Tuesday, I guess could be visible if we get some clear skies sometime in next few days

Advertisement