Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whey Protein

Options
  • 04-08-2014 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭

Does anybody recommend anywhere to buy whey protein. I presume Holland and Barrett but maybe someone knows somewhere online to get a good deal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ELynch96

Have you ever looked at HP nutrition ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

ELynch96 wrote: »
    Have you ever looked at HP nutrition ?

Just had a look their seems to be generally around 50 or 60 to buy. Would anybody recommend any of the products. I have never used it before but i am starting out in the gym and heard this is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,578 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

MyProtein, TheProteinWorks or BulkPowders

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Just had a look their seems to be generally around 50 or 60 to buy. Would anybody recommend any of the products. I have never used it before but i am starting out in the gym and heard this is very good.

It's just a protein supplement. Get it from food first before you look at supplements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

ie.myprotein.com is where I'd recommend, their Impact Whey is great value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Shaun Plays Games

Bodybuilding . com

Gym instructor set me up a program for the next three weeks to get toned before lifting weights. It's basically doing floor exercises consisting of burpees, Spider crawls, mountain climbers, squats, sprinters, kettlebell swings etc. I would be doing this Monday, Wednesday and Friday. While Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday i would do 5k on treadmill and a 1k swim.

I presume at this point whey protein is probably a waste of money until i am lifting weights regularly. I have stocked up on more chicken fillets this week try eat more chicken from now on.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

try eat more chicken from now on.

Dont "try eat more chicken" figure out how much protein you should be consuming and do eat that much every day.

Even if you are not aiming to build muscle you should have adequate protein intake for recovery from running and your other training. People do not have enough protein in their diets. If you eat enough protein the rest of your diet tends to fall into place.

Random question I was looking at the my protein website and i was wondering anyone know how much the postage is ?

'Bout a fiver.

• Advertisement

Thanks a million

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 jasperjyll

Proteins and vitamins are very important to balance our body and to maintain stability.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

ELynch96 wrote: »
    Random question I was looking at the my protein website and i was wondering anyone know how much the postage is ?

4.99, use groupie15 for a 15% discount on your order.

Stocked up on chicken fillets and steak and trying to cut out chips and potatoes. Can anybody advise on the best way to cook chicken fillets. I have been putting two in the george foreman to cook and eating beans or frozen veg with them. My friend said for weight loss and energy i would be better off putting the fillets on the pan with coconut oil and veg and peppers. Would this be right i presume using the george foreman with no oil with be better for weight loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

jasperjyll wrote: »
    Proteins and vitamins are very important to balance our body and to maintain stability.

Wise words.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Stocked up on chicken fillets and steak and trying to cut out chips and potatoes. Can anybody advise on the best way to cook chicken fillets. I have been putting two in the george foreman to cook and eating beans or frozen veg with them. My friend said for weight loss and energy i would be better off putting the fillets on the pan with coconut oil and veg and peppers. Would this be right i presume using the george foreman with no oil with be better for weight loss.

Chicken fillets done on the george foreman can be a bit dry.

You need to suss out your calorie / macro requirements. It totally depends on your goals. You may be better off with fattier cuts of meat or cooking your chicken in coconut oil or butter. Or you may need leaner cuts of meat cooked in low calorie cooking spray.

Have a look at the stickies in this forum

Advertisement