Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New subway in clonsilla petrol station

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

ongarboy wrote: »
    You don't think 100-150 extra km per tank fill isn't concise enough evidence??

Everyone drives differently. It could've been a week of 'granny driving' in order to get the '100-150km' per tank, whatever that means in terms of l/100km.

Anyway, I drive a diesel so the petrol quality doesn't matter to me. I get 48mpg mixed driving if it matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Murt10

It used to be the cheapest in Dublin 15 for petrol when it was Discount fuels. Since its been taken over by Applegreen their prices are no longer the best.

An NO I don't want to join your stupid loyalty scheme. I want cheaper petrol.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Umm, guess where I was again today :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Murt10 wrote: »
    It used to be the cheapest in Dublin 15 for petrol when it was Discount fuels. Since its been taken over by Applegreen their prices are no longer the best.

An NO I don't want to join your stupid loyalty scheme. I want cheaper petrol.

Not true. Discount fuels is Applegreen but just not branded. Thier fuel is always a few cent cheaper than the sations around.

Subway has just made it for me. Cheap petrol and great food...

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

Topaz in Coolmine Ind estate is same price diesel at the moment,it's cheap for a topaz to be fair!! Must try the subway later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭billie1b

A320 wrote: »
    Topaz in Coolmine Ind estate is same price diesel at the moment,it's cheap for a topaz to be fair!! Must try the subway later

How much is it? €1.42 in hartstown at the minute, pretty cheap for them

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

twas 142 the other night,i did hear today that prices of fuel should drop over the next few days

Hope it does, bloody stupidly expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 23,892 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Yeah its strange, trouble all over the middle east and simmering tensions with the biggest european gas supplier, can't understand how we're not paying near €2 a litre by now for road fuel.

And its not stupidly expensive, in 20 years time when you're cycling your bike you will look back very fondly on €1.42 per litre for diesel road fuel...

20 years ago I was paying 0.97p per litre, thats a fond memory, i'm well used to cycling already, 25km a day for exercise, it wont bother me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Yeah its strange, trouble all over the middle east and simmering tensions with the biggest european gas supplier, can't understand how we're not paying near €2 a litre by now for road fuel.

And its not stupidly expensive, in 20 years time when you're cycling your bike you will look back very fondly on €1.42 per litre for diesel road fuel...

The US is self dependent with shale oil and gas. For the first time in decades they have begun new plastic manufacturing as oil prices are so low. Some believe that Saudi backing of ISIS and Putin's input in Ukraine may be impart to drive up oil/ Gas prices that have fallen with shale oil/gas

• Registered Users Posts: 68,071 ✭✭✭✭L1011

billie1b wrote: »
    20 years ago I was paying 0.97p per litre, thats a fond memory, i'm well used to cycling already, 25km a day for exercise, it wont bother me

That's about 1.20, we've had far cheaper in recent memory. Paid 95.9 so about 72p a litre in the Topaz on the Tallaght bypass in 2009 or so. Prices didn't last long though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Grrrr yis are ruining my thread about meatball marinara

• Registered Users Posts: 23,892 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

amdublin wrote: »
    Grrrr yis are ruining my thread about meatball marinara

Sorry, they are lovely and all, but in 1996 I got my licence and paid IR£0.49 per litre for Diesel in Wexford where I lived. Now THOSE were the days!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

They dont seem to do the breakfast Subs. Couldnt see it on the menu.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Sorry, they are lovely and all, but in 1996 I got my licence and paid IR£0.49 per litre for Diesel in Wexford where I lived. Now THOSE were the days!

Im am nearly sure I am overpricing it an 0.97p per litre for 1994, that could be closer to the year 2000's, its that long I really cant remember, the year I can remember is that I used to be able to go to the garage and get 10 litres of diesel, 10 John Player Blue, bottle of coke and bar with £10 and still have change, those really were the days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    They dont seem to do the breakfast Subs. Couldnt see it on the menu.

Got one yesterday..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Finally got to get subs from there on Tuesday. Wow, they really did the entire lot up with the rebrand, didn't they?

Also, that soda dispenser sure is fancy :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,071 ✭✭✭✭L1011

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Wow, they really did the entire lot up with the rebrand, didn't they?

Pretty standard, they don't put the Applegreen name above the door until they get around to bringing it up to the standard spec. That's why it was Discount Fuel Deals for so long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Murt10

Just back from a trip. On my way I passed Applegreen in Baldoyle and the price per L ther was E149.8 for petrol. I needed a fill but decided to shop local go to the one on the Clonsilla Road.

My bad. They are charging E151.8.

Asked your man in the petrol station. He said that the price was set by reference to the prices being charged in the other local stations.

A nice little cartel we have going on here in Dublin 15. Charge the punter as much as they are willing to pay. Don't worry about competition, they are all at it.

Prices below are from Pumps.ie

Applegreen
    Clonsilla Road, Clonsilla 151.8c

Esso
    Navan Rd, Castleknock 151.9c

Topaz
    Coolmine Ind Estate, Coolmine 151.9c

Topaz
    Main Street Blanchardstown, Blanchardstown 152.9c

Topaz
    Navan Road, Mulhuddart 152.9c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ranjo

Murt10 wrote: »
    Just back from a trip. On my way I passed Applegreen in Baldoyle and the price per L ther was E149.8 for petrol. I needed a fill but decided to shop local go to the one on the Clonsilla Road.

My bad. They are charging E151.8.

Asked your man in the petrol station. He said that the price was set by reference to the prices being charged in the other local stations.

A nice little cartel we have going on here in Dublin 15. Charge the punter as much as they are willing to pay. Don't worry about competition, they are all at it.

Prices below are from Pumps.ie

Applegreen
    Clonsilla Road, Clonsilla 151.8c

Esso
    Navan Rd, Castleknock 151.9c

Topaz
    Coolmine Ind Estate, Coolmine 151.9c

Topaz
    Main Street Blanchardstown, Blanchardstown 152.9c

Topaz
    Navan Road, Mulhuddart 152.9c

Please include meatball marinara prices or flavour experience in future.

Cheese optional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

I got another sub here the other day and it was lovely, but why is it the one at the blanch centre always has sweetcorn but none of the other ones ever do? (I miss my sweetcorn :mad:)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

dickwod1 wrote: »
    I got another sub here the other day and it was lovely, but why is it the one at the blanch centre always has sweetcorn but none of the other ones ever do? (I miss my sweetcorn :mad:)

If you want sweetcorn just ask for it. You can get as much veg added as you want.

I do ask for it, and the reply always is "we don't have sweetcorn" ... But the Subway at the Blanch centre always has sweetcorn and seems to be the only Subway that serves it.

I got a leaflet in my door today, Grand opening today Friday 10th October ... "Buy one 6 inch sub or flatbread get one free when purchased with a 16oz drink"

Advertisement