Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Preseason Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

nerd69 wrote: »
    and he's looked fantastic in both games so far. perhaps sexy rexy is not the best at developing qbs?

If anyone will get the best out of a QB Chip Kelly definitely will. Man knows how to get the most out of a QB whether they are good or bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Mallett runs it in and funnily enough, I wasn't confident he was going to pass it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,633 ✭✭✭nerd69

TO. wrote: »
    If anyone will get the best out of a QB Chip Kelly definitely will. Man knows how to get the most out of a QB whether they are good or bad.

to be honest i don't think but fumble will ever be a superstar or anything but i do think he's a good qb i think it was a bad situation at the jets most abs would have failed. the but fumble and the fact it was in nyc just emphasised it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

don't think I've ever noticed a female ref before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

TO. wrote: »
    Flags are ruining this game. I'm all for the rules but its getting ridiculous. This crap that players will learn not too foul with this amount of fouls is nonsense. It wont stop it and we will most likely see these flags thrown all over the place. Nonsense by the NFL.

+1. It was ridiculous in the Bears-Jags game on Thursday....21 penalties called, and they were just the accepted ones. Guys are playing for jobs and it’s messing games up. There was one offensive series with Jimmy Clausen, who's in a backup QB battle, and they threw flags on four consecutive plays, killing the drive.

They should ref in preseason like the expect to in the regular season. This idea of overdoing it, with the intention of scaling it back makes no sense.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Think was 300 yards of penalties in the titans saints game

• Registered Users Posts: 39,464 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Mallett runs it in and funnily enough, I wasn't confident he was going to pass it in.

Just watched the condensed version of the eagles game from last night and this crap with all the flags needs to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Just watched the condensed version of the eagles game from last night and this crap with all the flags needs to stop.

You should have seen the live game, the amount of penalties last night was completely farcical.

You should have seen the live game, the amount of penalties last night was completely farcical.

I understand that the rule is you can't touch a player beyond five yards on the LOS. I know it was brought in because mel Blount was mugging recievers on the field.

Also from the eagles game a plus for me as an eagles fan is zach ertz. This kid is going to be a big time player in this league.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,633 ✭✭✭nerd69

I understand that the rule is you can't touch a player beyond five yards on the LOS. I know it was brought in because mel Blount was mugging recievers on the field.

Also from the eagles game a plus for me as an eagles fan is zach ertz. This kid is going to be a big time player in this league.

Ertz played great so did celek to be fair were very healthy at tight end

Also beau Allen and vinny curry are winning preseason

• Advertisement

watching Saints-Titans just now, wtf...

slapyamama.png

padraig_f wrote: »
    watching Saints-Titans just now, wtf...

slapyamama.png

Yeah say that as well. Surely SOMEONE noticed what it says before the game started. It's just when teams are in the redzone isn't it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Tristram wrote: »

Yup. It was a car company (Hyundai or Toyota, I forget which) for Week 1, but it got such bad publicity that they withdrew their advertising.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yeah say that as well. Surely SOMEONE noticed what it says before the game started. It's just when teams are in the redzone isn't it ?

Yep was just a red zone advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭double GG

Very impressive first drive from the Packers

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

108 yard kick off return from Deonte Thompson of the Ravens @ Dallas.

Ravens have scored 14 points without their offense seeing the field, and the Cowboys have conceded 14 without their defense seeing the field. :pac:

Andy Dalton looking good against the Jets. Might get a boost from his new offensive coordinator Hue Jackson. Never convinced by Jay Gruden.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I've never seen an interior defensive lineman dominate in pre-season like Gerald McCoy. He's been ridiculous in this game. Hopefully he's still this far ahead of everyone else by the time the regular season is here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Clowney looking good for Texans. Huge hit on RB followed up by a sack.

Can't ask for much more in a series than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭SimmerDean

anybody else see Clowney hit on Falcons RB? followed by a sack

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

oh that looks bad by Evans.

SimmerDean wrote: »
    anybody else see Clowney hit on Falcons RB? followed by a sack

ibMQ5lLeq52oz.gif

Might wanna block that guy Clowney, Mike Tice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

padraig_f wrote: »
    ibMQ5lLeq52oz.gif

Might wanna block that guy Clowney, Mike Tice.

The LG was pulling to block him but Clowney was just way too quick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    The LG was pulling to block him but Clowney was just way too quick

If you look at the LG he turned to his right first seems like dude forgot who he was supposed to block.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Wow, just finished the vikings game against Arizona. Teddy looks like the new Tom Brady lol, sensational second-half, could he be the next big thing after all? Up against a fairly mug D at the late stage of the game of course.
    Watched a fair bit of the other games, Nicks looks like a steel for the Colts. Eli looks like he needs a lot more reps before the start of the season for the Giants.

Be nice to see the new 49ers stadium tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Guffy

Is it on sky?

gufc21 wrote: »
    Is it on sky?

Nope gamepass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Guffy

Why are the 9ers such heavy favs in this? Went out to -5.5 last night.

Advertisement