Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My hunger is gone

Options
  • 02-08-2014 6:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26

Hi guys just have a question regarding hunger if anyone can help me out would be very greatful. I was sick for 2/3 days with a stomach bug approx a week ago, lot of diaroeha and occasional vomiting. I am all better now though since about 5 days ago. The problem is like I am not half as hungry as I used to be, for example i am an active sort of person , gym usually 2/3 times a week as well as training 3 nights a week so i obviously need a lot of food to keep going, but since i was sick i am simply unable to eat as much as i used to. Yesterday i had a bowl of corn flakes with some blueberries at 10.30 and i didnt feel hungry again until 4 o clock. And i had training that same night so needless to say i was pretty much dead on the pitch and ended up with a headache afterwards. I know im probably still recovering from the bug but im used to having a savage high hunger and if anyone knows when my usual hunger will resume or any tips to help me greatly appreaciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

All I'm basing this response on is my own experience with having bugs and infections myself in the past, but it could take up to two weeks for your appetite to go back to normal.

(Different situation, but I remember when I was ten years old I had a stomach bug for two weeks during which period I ate zero, not a single thing.)

Your body will tell you when it's ready for food. Until it is, just go with the flow. Listen to your body.

Considering the fact that you're recovering from an illness, when you do feel hungry I would recommend eating healthful foods and not sh*te like breakfast cereal. Eat veg, good quality (natural) protein and naturally-occurring (i.e. non-processed) carbs. Putting crap food into your body will only delay the recovery process.

Advertisement