Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carbon wheel options

Options
  • 02-08-2014 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭

Lookin at getting a set of wheels for use mainly for duathlons and triathlons. Was looking at Planet X 82/101 tubs but there not available at the minute.
    Would anyone recommend any other dealers that do decent prices? Or alternatively anybody successfully bought of any eBay sellers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Duathlons? Triathlons?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

I mean time trials, lots of time trials

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭paulo6891

Eamonnator wrote: »

Stupid advice, the guy's simply looking for opinion on bicycle wheels on the cycling form. He is not asking questions about triathlons or duathlons, so no need to be cheeky by redirecting him elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

paulo6891 wrote: »
    Stupid advice, the guy's simply looking for opinion on bicycle wheels on the cycling form. He is not asking questions about triathlons or duathlons, so no need to be cheeky by redirecting him elsewhere.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFVGZnfnVVLDF6qXhrqOyg8cqjMWUh5HRQVJmZimVVKPLV3tl9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFVGZnfnVVLDF6qXhrqOyg8cqjMWUh5HRQVJmZimVVKPLV3tl9

The joke had already been made and was responded to by the OP!

My apology. I wasn't aware, that only one joke per thread was allowed.

Given that he started a new thread in the triathlon forum after your reply, obviously not everyone got your "joke".

Anyway, enough of this and back to the topic at hand....

Given that he started a new thread in the triathlon forum after your reply, obviously not everyone got your "joke".

Anyway, enough of this and back to the topic at hand....

And I see, he got some good advice, there.

• Advertisement

Actually he'd responded to a previous comment not Eamonnators. But I'm sure he greatly appreciated your crusade on his behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

What is a cycling form?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭seany15

White knights all around boards tonight.

OP, I've a set of campagnolo wheels, nothing as fancy as those bora ultras (but I'd certainly consider trading my left kidney/arm/first born son for them), and i couldn't recommend them highly enough.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

lizzylad
    strange situation in ireland whereby time trialing is seen as something only to be done in between a swim and a run, whereas in most other countries it's as much a part of cycling and bike racing as any other discipline. good discussion on it over here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057261405

anyway, as a result, most cyclists are looking for strong light wheels, not necessarily ideal for tt. weight is less important unless you are doing a very hilly tt. There was some discussion here, which may help a little
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91530774

the flow wheels are supposed to be very good. you've just missed their sale though, so would have to wait for another one. the other option is to wait for a few weeks, end of race season is fast approaching and there is likely to be some wheels coming up 2nd hand on here, tends to be after the season finishes

Zyzz wrote: »
    What is a cycling form?

Do you really want to get into the business of highlighting typos or bad grammar in each other's posts, because I've already posted elsewhere in this very thread with "forum" spelt correctly.

Do you really want to get into the business of highlighting typos or bad grammar in each other's posts, because I've already posted elsewhere in this very thread with "forum" spelt correctly.

The slot for ridiculous self righteousness is already occupied!

@OP out of curlywurlyosity is this for a TT or road bike? I seem to recall reading some things about the physics of TT bikes that would suggest that the outcomes of a particular set of wheels might vary between road and TT?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

As they say when you are in a hole take the keys out of the digger

Advertisement