Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Summer Meet Portlaoise 23/24 Aug

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭maudgone

Best of luck lads. I will be on pilgrimage that day. i.e. I'll be at Cork and Tipp.

If your in Croke Park on the 24th, you wont be watching Tipp v Cork. The first football semi-final is on that day. Tipp play Cork on the 17th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭toyotaavensis

maudgone wrote: »
    If your in Croke Park on the 24th, you wont be watching Tipp v Cork. The first football semi-final is on that day. Tipp play Cork on the 17th.
    your right but the other half is making me go to London the following weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

So has it been decided, is it the 23rd or the 24th?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

I'm out, working both days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

So has it been decided, is it the 23rd or the 24th?

Due to the overwhelming level of interest, it's both :P

1. Alanstrainor - 325ci (silver bullet)
    2. dgt - a black car
    3. toastedpickles - something sweedish
    4. Cleveland Hot Pocket - Another Black car (hopefully)
    5. YbFocus - S14a 530d (I need a change )
    6. kilianmanning - something french
    7. Chris_Heilong - something with sideskirts
    8. Spike Witwicky - ...and another black car
    9. Fred Swanson - Resurrected Freelander 2.0D
    10. Snotaul - If I can, another Swedish yoke

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Apologies for letting this thread slide...I was away on holiers, but given the interest, I reckon we're going to have to let this one slide and come up with an alternate plan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

booooo :(

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

booooo :(

Yup. But having been to a lot of these meets if there isn't a lot of interest there's a big chance that people simply wont go, and no one will attend.

• Advertisement

Looks like some of the regulars have put their names down and normally do attend...

Actually isnt there another forum meet there that day, the datsun owners club?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

I need to know if it's the 23rd or the 24th before I can commit. I can do the 23rd :)

I think we need to look at the reasons for a lack of interest in these dates, I heard the Dublin meet was a great success, is it as simple as the dates(or GAA matches) or if it was move 2 weeks forward would the interest level be higher or the same? I would say you would need about 15 to say they would go for about 10 to show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Yup. But having been to a lot of these meets if there isn't a lot of interest there's a big chance that people simply wont go, and no one will attend.

This has happened.... :o

Whatever the alternative, I don't mind, I'm easy sleazy due to lack of anything. Another weekday meet? Or leave it to a weekend towards the end of September perhaps....?

We would have crossed with this which is on at the same time so maybe good to reschedule anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

We would have crossed with this which is on at the same time so maybe good to reschedule anyway.

The awkward moment when you've over taken nearly half of them cars in the video :o :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Sunday's weather is supposed to be widespread heavy rain.

So this is obviously not taking place lol.
    When's the new date? If there is one?

So this is obviously not taking place lol.
    When's the new date? If there is one?

Havent you heard, its on Sunday the 7th...:pac:

• Advertisement

Havent you heard, its on Sunday the 7th...:pac:

No I haven't heard, there wasn't a thread that I saw.

(if that was a joke, it's gone *whoosh* over my head)

No I haven't heard, there wasn't a thread that I saw.

(if that was a joke, it's gone *whoosh* over my head)

Its a joke but is also psychological manipulation, its me trying to implant an idea into the mods heads, they see the joke and it leaves an imprint on their subconscious a few days later when they think about setting a date for the meeting the 7th will magically come to mind. Its how I live my life, manipulating from the shadows....

actually I just hope it will be the 6th or 7th:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Its a joke but is also psychological manipulation, its me trying to implant an idea into the mods heads, they see the joke and it leaves an imprint on their subconscious a few days later when they think about setting a date for the meeting the 7th will pop up. Its how I live my life, manipulating from the shadows....

actually I just hope it will be the 6th or 7th:)

Good man Chris, you have me in stitches here!

Advertisement