Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of renting a room in my house

Options
  • 30-07-2014 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

So to help with my mortgage I'm thinking of renting put a room in my house to a tenant and wondering if i do so for under €10,000 a year would it come into any of my property tax expenses or anything like that at all ? Any advice appreciated

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

All the information is here

And a recent thread on the issue here

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭spongebob89

All the information is here

And a recent thread on the issue here

Thanks for that, but would you happen to know off the bat whether it would effect my wifes maternity leave and medical cards ?

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Thanks for that, but would you happen to know off the bat whether it would effect my wifes maternity leave and medical cards ?

It's treated as income by social welfare...you'll have to ask them if it impacts your wife. They are not forthcoming with any transparent answer to that query ever.

Advertisement