Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Balls, this Forum, and Avoiding the Doctor

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Standman wrote: »
    Everything happened so quickly, must be a lot to take in! Great news that that seems to be the end of it anyway.

Yeah a bit of a WTF week but I have to say I'm pretty impressed with how quickly things were identified and hopefully sorted. I know the HSE has a bad reputation but they've really done well by me.

Home now with a preliminary "all clear".

Lads, don't wait till things start falling off, if you notice something that's "not quite right" go get it checked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Holy crap. I'm getting high blood pressure just reading this thread!

Some brave lads on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Some brave lads on here.

Brave for discussing such sensitive things?
    The way I see it is a Doctor will have seen it all before, and, I don't see the point in suffering with something can be easily fixed.
    I do think though you need a good relationship with your GP in these situations, someone that your comfortable with and feel you can open up about personal stuff to. I had to change GP 5 months ago now and during that time I was having some trouble with the bowels which involved a finger being inserted up there a few times. I remember being a bit shy the first time because I didn't know him that well but knew why he needed to do it, I would have been more comfortable with a Doctor I knew well though

Some brave lads on here.

Ah look at it this way, if something didn't seem right with your car chances are you'd bring it to the mechanic before your engine blows up on the M50 on you. You'd want to think about doing the same with your body.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

P_1 wrote: »
    Ah look at it this way, if something didn't seem right with your car chances are you'd bring it to the mechanic before your engine blows up on the M50 on you. You'd want to think about doing the same with your body.

Although I'm female, your posts have made me way more aware to check things out on my breasts and stuff, and while I'm seeing my GP tomorrow over a chest infection, I'll be requesting a referral for a smear test.

You're a brave guy.

Although I'm female, your posts have made me way more aware to check things out on my breasts and stuff, and while I'm seeing my GP tomorrow over a chest infection, I'll be requesting a referral for a smear test.

You're a brave guy.

Ah I'm not really, just did the logical thing to do but hey if that counts as bravery these days I'll take it :pac:

The only thing I will say and hopefully others get the idea is that that's the kind of thing your GP is there for so there's no need whatsoever to feel shy or embarrassed going to see them if you have any concerns whatsoever over anything to do with your body.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

P_1 wrote: »
    The only thing I will say and hopefully others get the idea is that that's the kind of thing your GP is there for so there's no need whatsoever to feel shy or embarrassed going to see them if you have any concerns whatsoever over anything to do with your body.

I'll admit in the past there were one or two things that were just too embarrassing to tell anyone so I did the man thing and looked up my symptom online and got something off prescription for it.
    Now in the last few months given the nature of the problem I've been having I realise I was wrong to feel that way. From now onwards there won't be anything I feel too shy about discussing

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

OP how long did you have epididymis for?

Advertisement