Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 28/07/14 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

J. Marston wrote: »
    "He's been molested."

Wasn't expecting to hear that line on Raw.

Layla and Summer can molest me if they want.

And they say wrestling fans arent classy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    HUGE RETURN EXPECTED TONIGHT!!!!!!
    Brad Maddox!!!!!!

Worth staying up if that happens :D

Did this happen or did I miss it? Not expecting it in the last 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Did this happen or did I miss it? Not expecting it in the last 10 minutes.

Saving it to last! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Just tuned into Raw and the thread. 3 pages so far? ... thats low.

**edit I make it 4 lol :P *

Switch to 40 posts per page and you get two pages so far.

Is this for real? A Stephanie/Bellas feud is main eventing Raw?

Edit: Okay that line by Stephanie made it worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Is this for real? A Stephanie/Bellas feud is main eventing Raw?

Edit: Okay that line by Stephanie made it worth it.

What did she say? I conked out.

Omackeral wrote: »
    What did she say? I conked out.

Steph was crying and saying "At Summerslam....At Summerslam..." she then knocked Brie off the ring apron with an almighty bitchslap before saying "You're my bitch!"

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Christ. Next insult/snippy remark gets a ban. Move on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

(Typing this part up just after watching the first match....)

The first match ticked all the wrong boxes for me. Not the result. That was grand. Not the stupid writing out a corner they painted themselves into last week.

The story of the match was "Oh my God, John Cena can wrestle!?!". Our 15 time champion, a 10 year pro who has beaten everyone....but the story was "Be impressed, John Cena can actually use a powerbomb and a headlock from time to time." And let's be honest, most people will readily buy into that story, since most seem to still believe he can't wrestle. That annoys me. He should be viewed as the best wrestler in WWE given his history and record.

(ok. Rest written post show)

JERICHO/STEPH 2014! Brilliant.
    Jericho vs Rollins was great.
    Cesaro vs Cena was a good match despite the stupid story.
    Steph vs Brie had me grinning.
    A Jamie Noble chant closing a show in 2014 :pac:

Enjoyed more than I disliked. Just one stupid story.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,055 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That closing segment. No. Just no. I'm not as big a Steph fan as some either, but Brie Bella in a closing segment. Jesus Christ. Not to mention that it is pretty much the exact same segment as they did with Daniel Bryan ridiculously recently.

When are they gonna do something with Goldust/Stardust or are they just gonna do these stupid segments every week until people stop caring about them completely?

Poor Raw, the opening segment and match definitely the highlight. Needed more Ambrose.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Raw was good and I am very excited for SummerSlam.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

No Ambrose?

No watch.

Surely that Steph/HHH/Jericho segment was made for Ambrose to come out and take the piss out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

After watching Raw I thought of a few soon to be written Wrestling books

The Worst Year of my Life : The Damien Sandow Story (It just gets worse, Its hard to see a way back for him at this stage)

Leo Kruger : They gave me that gimmick? (Just end it now....or turn him heel, hes awful as a face in this current character)

The Demon Kane : Yes Im still employed (God Im sick of him at this stage, he drags what ever person he feuds with down)

How to dress like Jimmy Wang Yang in 12 easy steps by Dean Ambrose (where was Ambrose tonight...sad face)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I thought RAW was solid this week, much better than last week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I feel slightly baffled at Raw ending on Bella vs Steph.

Angron wrote: »
    I feel slightly baffled at Raw ending on Bella vs Steph.

WWE thinking we care about the Bella's is wishful.....wishful thinking.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm also disappointed we didn't see Bo get to 22-0 and take a few shots at the Undertaker :pac:

beakerjoe wrote: »
    After watching Raw I thought of a few soon to be written Wrestling books

The Worst Year of my Life : The Damien Sandow Story (It just gets worse, Its hard to see a way back for him at this stage)

Leo Kruger : They gave me that gimmick? (Just end it now....or turn him heel, hes awful as a face in this current character)

The Demon Kane : Yes Im still employed (God Im sick of him at this stage, he drags what ever person he feuds with down)

How to dress like Jimmy Wang Yang in 12 easy steps by Dean Ambrose (where was Ambrose tonight...sad face)

In fairness Adam Rose was his idea. Adam Rose and Damien Sandow are the reason why those two lads have a job on the main roster Leo Kurger and Aaron "The Idol" Stevens didn't cut it.

rovert wrote: »
    In fairness Adam Rose was his idea. Adam Rose and Damien Sandow are the reason why those two lads have a job on the main roster Leo Kurger and Aaron "The Idol" Stevens didn't cut it.

But Sandow was grand as the intellectual savior rather than Charlie Haas 2.0 which he is now. (which was really Stevie Richards gimmick back in 99).

Rose would be so much better as a slimey heel IMO. In fairness neither guy are written for well.

Rose has literally zero redeeming qualities.

He appears, I reach for the remote or I head for the bathroom.

• Advertisement

But Sandow was grand as the intellectual savior rather than Charlie Haas 2.0 which he is now. (which was really Stevie Richards gimmick back in 99).

Rose would be so much better as a slimey heel IMO. In fairness neither guy are written for well.

I'll grant you that but they should be happy to be were they are to some degree too. Sandow was fired and brought back that nearly never happens

rovert wrote: »
    I'll grant you that but they should be happy to be were they are to some degree too. Sandow was fired and brought back that nearly never happens

True, Im not saying the should be thankful, Id be thankful to be earning money and living the dream in that sense. But Sandow could be used better as he was in the past and Rose could be much more significant if used correctly.
    Moneymaker wrote: »
    Rose has literally zero redeeming qualities.

He appears, I reach for the remote or I head for the bathroom.

Ah your too harsh, hes just written badly IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Adam Rose is 35, and I think mid card gimmick is his ceiling really. His best bet, get his head down, make some paper and enjoy travelling the world for the next few years. With the talent down in NXT, I just don't see him ever really rising above his current card position.

Sandow I won't give up on yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Did it end on a "this is awful" chant?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Deadlie wrote: »
    Did it end on a "this is awful" chant?

Jamie Noble chant to my ears. :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I honestly had no problem with it ending on Steph/Brie; it was the best story of the night to close a show.

Our other options were
    - Orton/Kane beating down on Reigns (an ending we've seen versions of for 7 weeks or so).
    - Cena beating Cesaro and celebrating (do we need another "lol Cena wins" end to Raw?)
    - Wyatts beating down Jericho (again)
    - Paige/AJ staredown

Those are the other big angles going right now, and none were fit to close a show, not in terms of quality of angle but in terms of actually leaving people with some sort of reason to watch next weeks show.

Steph/Brie had a better hook than the other options.

And Steph is such a strong heel right now, I think she'd be the heel in a feud with Hitler. It doesn't really matter that Brie frankly, can't act for shiit. Steph can carry the feud that well.

Don't read this post please Vince, don't want you getting any ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,055 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Moneymaker wrote: »
    And Steph is such a strong heel right now, I think she'd be the heel in a feud with Hitler. It doesn't really matter that Brie frankly, can't act for shiit. Steph can carry the feud that well.

Don't read this post please Vince, don't want you getting any ideas.
    Neither of them wrestle, one of them can act. Honestly how can you sell this as anything other than a huge disappointment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

WWE thinking we care about the Bella's is wishful.....wishful thinking.

Or thinking we care that much about Stephanie. I hope after Summerslam she sods off to the back and sticks to running the show. She's developed to much of HHH's worst habits.

• Advertisement

I was wondering what they were up to putting Steph/Brie(?) in the main event but Stephanie made it very entertaining. She's such a bitch! Brie is a horrible actress though.

It was something different than a run of the mill 6 man tag anyway.

Advertisement