Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New PC Build

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Eoghan S

It was ordered on Wednesday, thanks to everyone for the help!
    He had to get a cheaper case (specifically the Corsair Spec 03) as using PayPal has an extra charge, bringing the cost over 960eur (no thanks)
    Bought for around 890 instead.

Is the Corsair CS550W PSU enough to power the full build, i5 4460, Z97, R9 290, fans, fan controller, with potential upgrades to an i5 4690k in the future (only a thought), or whatever is the newest 1150 socket Intel CPU, as well as some PCI-E potential upgrades?

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Yes you'll be fine. About 350w there atm.

Bank transfer is the way to go for HWVS. 50c charge.

BloodBath wrote: »
    Yes you'll be fine. About 350w there atm.

Bank transfer is the way to go for HWVS. 50c charge.

Didn't have the time to call in to banks, and Paypal is just much easier anyway.
    A cheaper case isn't really much of a sacrifice anyway!

On another note the key from reddit for Win.8.1 still hasn't arrived, with no reply from the seller.....
    Should a dispute be filed, it's only been 5 days, but no replies or any word yet.
    He really needs the key for when the parts arrive.....

The psu is after going out of stock, and they emailed us about it yesterday. Not sure whther it's worth it to wait yet another week for it to just be in stock.....
    Any other alternatives (preferably modular)
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Definitely second bloodbath's advice of going for a lower i5 and stronger GPU.

Any decent quality PSU of 450-500w will suffice for that build even with the 290.

This
    would be fine.

• Advertisement

Definitely second bloodbath's advice of going for a lower i5 and stronger GPU.

Any decent quality PSU of 450-500w will suffice for that build even with the 290.

This
    would be fine.
    Already ordered the lot, nearly 2 weeks ago now, but I took the advice of bloodbath too.
    Would really rather a modular one.... Hmmm choices!
    Super Flower Golden Green non modular (Gold) 550w
    Or
    Seasonic M12ii modular (Bronze) 550W

Is modular really worth it, or should I go with the gold one?
    See I spent 67eur on the Corsair CS, and can't be bothered waiting another week just for the part to come in stock. So anything at that price bracket will be perfect.

Advertisement