Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any custompc.ie impressions?

Options
  • 27-07-2014 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi all,

I nearly have the cash together to build my own PC and came across this website custompc(dot)ie Anyone have any experience with them in regards reliability, customer service, etc? I was on pcpartpicker putting my own rig together and was intending to buy all the parts from amazon, but this site looks quite good.

ps. sorry for the dot, won't let new users post links!

Also, I will mainly be using the new PC to edit 4K video footage. If anyone has tips where I should spend the most money with that in mind it would be very helpful.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭game4it70

If you search boards you will find lots of not so good impressions of them.Steer clear is my recommendation.

Just saw your edit now.
    If you fill this out the guys here will spec you up a nice rig no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Smithy2306

Ok, thanks for the info. I'll buy the parts myself so. I will fill out that form and post a new thread back soon. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

yeah i would stay away from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

There's plenty of negative feedback about them here on Boards from people who have used them.

I've never used them personally but a quick look at their website will tell you all you need to know. Ridiculously over priced builds that have about the worst performance/€ ratio you could get. They are so expensive I don't know how they sell anything. I pity anyone who has actually bought from them without doing their research first.

Advertisement