Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France Stage 19 – July 25th, Maubourguet - Bergerac **Unmasked Spoilers**

Options
  • 25-07-2014 12:01am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Tdf14_stage19_profile.png

Sagan's last chance to win a stage most likely! Surely he can't balls it up this time :eek:

On that note, my pick for tomorrow is Coquard

Oddschecker: Kristoff 4/1, Sagan 5/1, Kittel 11/2, Greipel 8/1, Degenkolb 8/1, Van Avermaet 18/1, Coquard 28/1

No thread spoilers outside of this thread before midnight of the day of the stage, and no doping speculation. Doping speculation will result in a temporary forum ban.

Stage winner 31 votes

Kristoff
    0%
    Sagan
    0%
    Kittel
    25%
    Brian?redman85ZiabROrmuspajorSolobally8omicronpelevin 8 votes
    Greipel
    12%
    goose06mossymHmmzisREBELSAFC 4 votes
    Degenkolb
    3%
    quinnp 1 vote
    Van Avermaet
    6%
    daramikeunichall 2 votes
    Demare
    3%
    wd42 1 vote
    Trentin
    0%
    Coquard
    0%
    Bennati
    12%
    John McClanexbox gamerDarkglasseseeeee 4 votes
    Renshaw
    0%
    Chavanel
    0%
    Navardauskas
    0%
    Albasini
    29%
    buffalogordongekkoDecuc500Dermot IllogicalKav0777letapemistermatthewzymarFigsy32 9 votes
    Gallopin
    0%
    Voeckler
    0%
    Dumoulin
    3%
    qwabercd 1 vote
    Martin
    0%
    Kwiatkowski
    0%
    Bak
    3%
    Guybrush T 1 vote
    Morkov
    0%
    Bakelants
    0%
    Oss
    0%
    Eisel
    0%
    Terpstra
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Kittel
    Sagan, he deserves a win in this years TDF.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Kittel
    Go on Sagan! Don't think he'd want to see Kristoff in the action at the death.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,084 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

kittel is longer odds than I thought here...surely he can get over that last bump with the main guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

retalivity wrote: »
    kittel is longer odds than I thought here...surely he can get over that last bump with the main guys?
    Normally I'd back Kittle but after all those mountains he might be too tired and giant might not have the strength to control the peleton.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

Yeah, would have thought the same. Giant should be able to drag Kittel up a measly Cat 4 with the peloton, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭daramike

Van Avermaet
    I think Katusha or Cannondale will power up that last climb and Kittel will be blown out the back. I can't see Sagan winning one of Kristoff or Degenkolb for me. I'm siding with Degenkolb, Trentin blocked him off in the last sprint when he was powering up the inside. He will go very close.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Sagan for top 5 in the sprint finish.

It's a brave call but I'm making it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Kittel
    I'm hoping Sagan will get the win, but would be good to see an 'outsider' like Coquard, Tom Dumoulin or Navardauskas get a win too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Greipel at 8/1 isn't a bad shout.

I just noticed there's a 120m long condom on the stage today, I hope the teams factor that into 'the calculation'...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Albasini
    Saxo in great form and bennati unlucky with the puncture the other day. So I'm going for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Kittel
    Greipel at 8/1 isn't a bad shout.

I just noticed there's a 120m long condom on the stage today, I hope the teams factor that into 'the calculation'...

I hope there's no punctures in Condom. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Know what I am going for Nicolas Roche again today .....why not ...in for a penny in for a pound....maybe the break will stay away or there will be an attack on last climb...who knows ...I can hope :D

Kittel
    MPFG wrote: »
    Know what I am going for Nicolas Roche again today .....why not ...in for a penny in for a pound....maybe the break will stay away or there will be an attack on last climb...who knows ...I can hope :D

Was it ever in doubt?

pelevin wrote: »
    Was it ever in doubt?

Maybe its just me but I am detecting that you may think I am a over the top fan ??? where you could have gotten that idea I am sure I don't know :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,045 ✭✭✭✭neris

pajor wrote: »
    I hope there's no punctures in Condom. :pac:

Theyre all "Mates" in the peleton im sure they,ll look after each other

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

neris wrote: »
    Theyre all "Mates" in the peleton im sure they,ll look after each other

You never know how people will act when they're under durex.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

quozl wrote: »
    You never know how people will act when they're under durex.

:D:D Trojan work quozl.

Kittel
    Maybe its just me but I am detecting that you may think I am a over the top fan ??? where you could have gotten that idea I am sure I don't know :p

I think it's a bit of a love-hate thing you've got going. Hopes, let-downs, recriminations & occasional triumph.

pelevin wrote: »
    I think it's a bit of a love-hate thing you've got going. Hopes, let-downs, recriminations & occasional triumph.

You are right :)
    I love Dan Martin & Sam Bennett too but feel they can do it by themselves ...but for Nico I feel that I somehow need to be metaphorically pushing him

Dan & Sam are like ManU & Chelsea

Nico is West Ham...forever blowing bubbles.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,771 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Love this

BtZKl8BIcAA4lPR.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Lol Oleg Tinkoff told Rafael Majka that he'd give him an Aston Martin if he won a second stage after he won the first.

Hope he has to pay up. :P

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Lol Oleg Tinkoff told Rafael Majka that he'd give him an Aston Martin if he won a second stage after he won the first.

I am not gone on this kind of incentive....The whole team shares the winning & incentive pot.....The team cannot share an Aston martin...and in fairness Makja needed the team to help him win stages, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

DDC1990 wrote: »

http://www.forbes.com/profile/oleg-tinkov/

'Net worth'

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

I am not gone on this kind of incentive....The whole team shares the winning & incentive pot.....The team cannot share an Aston martin...and in fairness Makja needed the team to help him win stages, etc

he can give them a drive in it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

From the Twittersphere

@TeamSky
    The #TDF's passed safely into the town of Condom. No splits in the 5-man break who are sharing the load. 2:33 ahead. po.st/TDFTracker

:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Bennati
    Read on twitter that the finish in bergerac is currently under thunder and heavy rain. Can't watch today's stage so keep the updates coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,084 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

well, that's kittel done

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Bennati
    Bloody hell, Peter's crashed!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Bennati
    Big crash Sagan gone

• Advertisement

Bennati
    Navardauskas wins! Well done mistermatthew and decuc

Advertisement