Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocked Nokia Lumia 930 €430

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

iBoards wrote: »
    Question.

Is the 430 payg meteor from Carphone Warehouse unlocked. I was going to go and buy one today... Thanks guys.

If it is I'll be in CarphoneWarehouse first thing in the morn to pick one up :)

If you ask for a CPW version it will be unlocked.If they dont have it then its locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭iBoards

jimmynokia wrote: »
    If you ask for a CPW version it will be unlocked.If they dont have it then its locked.

Thanks. I got a CPW version.

Lads. Battery life has been shocking ? Coming from a 1520 & 1020 both which are excellent battery wise, the 930 dropped 50% battery in 3.5 hours with only average usage about 35mins of screen on time on automatic brightness. Few photos, and listening to music on headphones.

Anyone provide any tips as to what may be causing such mad drain ? Would it be worth restoring back to factory ?

Also I noticed on my initial charge of the device, it seemed to charge to 100% too fast! Any other android or nokia lumia device I have doesn't jump as exponentially as this does charging.

Thanks all for tips or advice you can profer.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

iBoards wrote: »
    Thanks. I got a CPW version.

Lads. Battery life has been shocking ? Coming from a 1520 & 1020 both which are excellent battery wise, the 930 dropped 50% battery in 3.5 hours with only average usage about 35mins of screen on time on automatic brightness. Few photos, and listening to music on headphones.

Anyone provide any tips as to what may be causing such mad drain ? Would it be worth restoring back to factory ?

Also I noticed on my initial charge of the device, it seemed to charge to 100% too fast! Any other android or nokia lumia device I have doesn't jump as exponentially as this does charging.

Thanks all for tips or advice you can profer.

Run the battery down, let it auto switch off then power it up again and let it run until it auto shuts down again then give it a full charge, should take absolutely ages to give it a full charge after running it down.

Check out the battery monitor app (it might be called battery sense?) in settings, could just be that some app is using a load of power.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Run the battery down, let it auto switch off then power it up again and let it run until it auto shuts down again then give it a full charge, should take absolutely ages to give it a full charge after running it down.

Check out the battery monitor app (it might be called battery sense?) in settings, could just be that some app is using a load of power.
    All now device's require several charge cycles before the battery settles.
    The app you need to check in the phone is battery saver.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭iBoards

Seems my battery issue may have been caused by lockscreen beta app from Microsoft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Meteor seem to be offering the same package with a white 930.
    Obviously phone would be locked to meteor but if you're already with then then it'd be no issue.

Advertisement