Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nudity

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

griffin100 wrote: »
    I'm doing an IM next month where bib shorts are a must,

Is that mandatory kit?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭griffin100

No they are in no way a must. I'm not sure I actually know anyone who did this. ever.

Really, you obviously don't talk to Mr Jaundice much then (Mlocs's name for him, not mine;))

Got this, seems fine, although if wearing bib shorts would you not
    (a) wear speedos
    (b) wear nothing but the wetsuit

Shorts over shorts???? Really???? Why???

Coz it works for me. I have a sensitive boll0x and I find the two layers comfortable. It's got me through three IM's to date with no chaffing or other issues.

In most IMs you have to use the changing tent.

I could end up having to if the sight of hairy chest offends the TO.
    Is that mandatory kit?

Yes, would you happen to know a shop where I could buy some?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Really, you obviously don't talk to Mr Jaundice much then (Mlocs's name for him, not mine;))

If we are talking about my clubmate then it was my name for him not mlocs. And I don't take kit advice from him and thats for sure :) As far as I was aware he used the long course tri shorts from Champion systems.

Coz it works for me. I have a sensitive boll0x and I find the two layers comfortable. It's got me through three IM's to date with no chaffing or other issues.

Going to guess three cold weather IMs?

Are you doing an Irish IM?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Yes, would you happen to know a shop where I could buy some?

Local bike shop should have the bib shorts. ;)

This to me would say (a) your position is bad or (b) you saddle doesn't suit you or mostly (c) you aren't putting enough pressure on the pedals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

peter kern wrote: »
    He told me if you're caught cycling without a helmet up to a week prior to an event you can be DQ'd

I like it, a TO with humour

I can assure you he was a long way fron the funny bone. Removed from trans while himself and his buddy discussed this "breach of rules".

Funny no, a prick definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭griffin100

tunney wrote: »
    If we are talking about my clubmate then it was my name for him not mlocs. And I don't take kit advice from him and thats for sure :) As far as I was aware he used the long course tri shorts from Champion systems.

Going to guess three cold weather IMs?

Are you doing an Irish IM?

Yes it was who you think - quite an apt name - I've never seen a more orange person outside of a teenage disco (or a smaller pair of speedos on a grown man). To be fair he was talking about cycling the ROK, which is the IM I'm planning on having a bash at next month for the third time.
    This to me would say (a) your position is bad or (b) you saddle doesn't suit you or mostly (c) you aren't putting enough pressure on the pedals.

tbh I'd day it's got more to do with not enough time in the saddle and not enough htfu.

To bring this back onto topic I'll have to mail the organisers and see if there's a changing tent in T1.

Yes it was who you think - quite an apt name - I've never seen a more orange person outside of a teenage disco (or a smaller pair of speedos on a grown man). To be fair he was talking about cycling the ROK, which is the IM I'm planning on having a bash at next month for the third time.

From the horse's mouth
    "Don't wear bib shorts if racing on the continent, but for hardman I do. I tried the ring of kerry on tri shorts once - never again!"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

ah i don't know, i cycled the ROK a few weeks back and i'd wager it's okay on tri shorts. the undercarriage definitely didn't take any more of a bashing as the cycle i did in lanzarote 2 weeks ago on some of the rougher stretches, and lads wear tri suits around that during multiple races there over the year

mossym wrote: »
    ah i don't know, i cycled the ROK a few weeks back and i'd wager it's okay on tri shorts. the undercarriage definitely didn't take any more of a bashing as the cycle i did in lanzarote 2 weeks ago on some of the rougher stretches, and lads wear tri suits around that during multiple races there over the year

Dr Jaundice was alway a bit of a b1tch with respect to the undercarriage. Every fad saddle and the like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭shansey

They made a big deal about the nudity at King of the Hill at the weekend anyway.

They also made a massive deal about me trying to register at 1 minute past nine.

like I had to make a big deal of it before the TI Official would let them give me a number!

I get that there is a cut off point but his watch literally said 9.01 while he was arguing with me

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

shansey wrote: »
    They made a big deal about the nudity at King of the Hill at the weekend anyway.

They also made a massive deal about me trying to register at 1 minute past nine.

like I had to make a big deal of it before the TI Official would let them give me a number!

I get that there is a cut off point but his watch literally said 9.01 while he was arguing with me
    You were 'officially' late though.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭shansey

Oryx wrote: »
    You were 'officially' late though.

Ha Ha.. I suppose so..

Also didn't get a T shirt as they ran out and no food...

Word of a BBQ at 3 but thats not much good when the race finished around 12..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

You'll just have to go faster next time to get back for the grub ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

shansey wrote: »
    Ha Ha.. I suppose so..

Also didn't get a T shirt as they ran out and no food...

Word of a BBQ at 3 but thats not much good when the race finished around 12..

lol, the way it was announced was gas too,

BE SURE AND COME FOR THE BBQ AT 3!

*whisper* that ye have to pay for....

Advertisement