Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny Thread (Beta)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I hope they do not reset the progress earned in the beta for the retail release.

I can understand when Battlefield and Call of duty do this but with all the attachments, perks, unlocks, customisation I'd be annoyed to start at level 1 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I think they are Failsafe, actually, if you use the forums on the companion app, they have a feedback section there. There is some interesting threads in there especially about the co-op and been able to have 2 fire teams for Strike.

In fairness, I think we are capped at level 8 for the beta, if you do it on hard the next time around, you will rank up to level 5 after 1 mission I think, so it wouldn't be too bad!

I haven't had that happen yet. I am enjoying the multiplayer. Just have to watch out for pesky snipers. After a while you'll notice the areas that they tend to hang around.

I thought the multiplayer was ok, the co-op is where its at for me. I am hoping for so much more this gen for co-op, I am a bit fed up of the usual FPS multiplayer game modes! The vehicles are way overpowered in the multiplayer and the sniping was very annoying.

tony1980 wrote: »
    I thought the multiplayer was ok, the co-op is where its at for me. I am hoping for so much more this gen for co-op, I am a bit fed up of the usual FPS multiplayer game modes! The vehicles are way overpowered in the multiplayer and the sniping was very annoying.

The more I played the multiplayer (conquest) the better it became. After a few games I began to figure out what points the snipers go to and counter them. One of the biggest mistakes with snipers was using the jet boost. It leaves you hanging in the air for a second giving them an opportunity to get a headshot in.

With the big vehicle with the missiles using your special ability will destroy it in one go if you are lucky to have it fully charged.

The co-op is higher on my list also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

I found the campaign to be very good . Usually I don't even bother to do the campaigns because I find them boring but this one was surprisingly fun :)

Played my first game of multiplayer last night . Was coming top of my team and then got booted out :(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,190 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Don't suppose there's any beta keys for the 360 doing the rounds? Didn't even realise it was going to be available on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lmao_Man

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Don't suppose there's any beta keys for the 360 doing the rounds? Didn't even realise it was going to be available on there.

Its open to everyone now

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,190 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Lmao_Man wrote: »
    Its open to everyone now

Just spotted that, didn't realise it was going to be open at all. Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Got some great rare and even one legendary item today on my second character can't equip any of it though :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

calex71 wrote: »
    Got some great rare and even one legendary item today on my second character can't equip any of it though :mad:

Yeah, I've a few good items that are for higher levels so can't use them yet. Makes me think, maybe they might just carry stats over from beta. It's not like it's THAT much of a head start compared to those who don't play beta and it IS open to everyone now. They haven't confirmed if they are or aren't carrying over yet but I have a feeling they might :)

So looks like the time to login for the emblem is 10pm-2am tomorrow night.

"It's time to fight, Guardian! Play the Destiny Beta tomorrow, Saturday July 26th, from 2pm to 6pm PDT, and earn a permanent, exclusive in-game reward. "

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    So looks like the time to login for the emblem is 10pm-2am tomorrow night.

"It's time to fight, Guardian! Play the Destiny Beta tomorrow, Saturday July 26th, from 2pm to 6pm PDT, and earn a permanent, exclusive in-game reward. "

I think it said 9PM GMT :) Mine said that anyway

nanook5 wrote: »
    I think it said 9PM GMT :) Mine said that anyway

What I quoted was from an email I just received from them but yes you are correct. 10PM our time IS 9pm GMT. We're GMT+1 right now in British/Irish Summer Time.

Time zones get confusing lol

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    What I quoted was from an email I just received from them but yes you are correct. 10PM our time IS 9pm GMT. We're GMT+1 right now in British/Irish Summer Time.

Time zones get confusing lol

:D

That level 6 strike is fair hard....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

nanook5 wrote: »
    :D

That level 6 strike is fair hard....

Was my favourite part of the beta loved it , actually had one of those tanks drop in the explore mode earlier with 5 minutes to take it out :eek: 7 of us did it, maybe it;s the borderlands player in me but I noticed others do exactly the same as I did, lower is health got the closer everyone got ready for the pounce on what ever loot was going to drop .......... nothing did, and thats not isolated, nothing seems to drop from big enemies at all in this , I really hope it's just because it's the beta I need my loot dammit :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭paudie

Looks like they're letting us go to the moon tonight.

Iron Banner challenges today.

http://www.bungie.net/7_The-Iron-Banner-Returns/en/News/News?aid=11959
    All times are PDT.

Saturday, July 26th
    10:00 AM – 12:00 PM*
    2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
    7:00 PM – 9:00 PM

*Earlier bouts added because we love our European players, too.

“Is this the special surprise that you had planned for Saturday?” you ask.

Saturday, July 26th

6:00 PM – 8:00 PM*
    10:00 PM – 12:00 AM
    3:00 AM – 5:00 AM

Was my favourite part of the beta loved it , actually had one of those tanks drop in the explore mode earlier with 5 minutes to take it out :eek: 7 of us did it...

We were given a load of those challenges last night. They were fantastic, the way multiple fireteams could take part is great.

paudie wrote: »

Woo Buzz Aldrin simulator 2014 :D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 19,611 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Was my favourite part of the beta loved it , actually had one of those tanks drop in the explore mode earlier with 5 minutes to take it out :eek: 7 of us did it, maybe it;s the borderlands player in me but I noticed others do exactly the same as I did, lower is health got the closer everyone got ready for the pounce on what ever loot was going to drop .......... nothing did, and thats not isolated, nothing seems to drop from big enemies at all in this , I really hope it's just because it's the beta I need my loot dammit :pac:

Knights and Wizards and all drop loot sometimes. Got a 51 attack Auto Rifle from one, its so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I thought this game had shared loot?
    Like If I killed that spider tank , We all get look, it could all be different but everyone got something?

I beat it for the first time last night with 2 other lads, I definitly hit it the most with the others constantly dying, got it down to 1 shot basicly then it killed me and someone else, he didnt bother reviving, instead he tryed to take it on himself, he killed it, I assume he got loot? I went to check and nothing their for me :(
    Has to be a sharing system in this game for loot or people will be going mad for taken loot :L

also only real type of loot I've gotten have been those encryption ones, where you have to go back to the tower to decrypt

For some reason I'm being made to re-download the BETA ??? Going to take like 6 hours :(

The moon mission was good fun. Can imagine some fun non story fire missions there.

Getting really annoyed with Crucible matches though, annoyed enough to not buy the game. Have started playing around 20 times and have only ever finished one, I get booted every other time. So frustrating. Have tried resetting the xbox.

Do you think it's just my 3MB line?

The moon mission was good fun. Can imagine some fun non story fire missions there.

Getting really annoyed with Crucible matches though, annoyed enough to not buy the game. Have started playing around 20 times and have only ever finished one, I get booted every other time. So frustrating. Have tried resetting the xbox.

Do you think it's just my 3MB line?

Is your NAT listed as open in your network settings?

Go www.pingtest.net and post your results here. 3mb should be fine. Who is your internet provider and what type of internet are you using (e.g) DSL, wireless etc?

Myself and other have played loads of online matches. Seems fine, however it is a beta so they might be having problems.

Is your NAT listed as open in your network settings?

Go www.pingtest.net and post your results here. 3mb should be fine. Who is your internet provider and what type of internet are you using (e.g) DSL, wireless etc?

Myself and other have played loads of online matches. Seems fine, however it is a beta so they might be having problems.

Internet is with Sky and I actually noticed an improvement in speed after switching over from Eircom. I've got an Ethernet cable running from Sky router to the console. NAT is open.

Couldn't get pingtest.net to work on the console, just a blank screen, guess the Xbone doesn't support Java.

But went into detailed network stats and got D/L speed of 6.07 Mbps, U/L of 0.27 Mbps, latency of 184ms

Using pingtest on my PC I got ping of 93ms and jitter of 21ms.

I should add that I played the beta of titanfall with no issues.

Internet is with Sky and I actually noticed an improvement in speed after switching over from Eircom. I've got an Ethernet cable running from Sky router to the console. NAT is open.

Couldn't get pingtest.net to work on the console, just a blank screen, guess the Xbone doesn't support Java.

But went into detailed network stats and got D/L speed of 6.07 Mbps, U/L of 0.27 Mbps, latency of 184ms

Using pingtest on my PC I got ping of 93ms and jitter of 21ms.

I should add that I played the beta of titanfall with no issues.

The jitter is really high on your line.On many tests I have seen the jitter should only be 1-2ms at the most. This isn't ideal however from Googling your issue many people reported the issue of getting disconnected in multiplayer. So they'll fix that for the retail version.

Titanfall servers are hosted in Dublin so rarely does someone in Ireland have connection difficulties with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

I just read somewhere that the PS4 is getting DLC a year before Xbox One. I was thinking of getting the limited edition but I don't see much point if there is no DLC for over a year after the game is released.

• Advertisement

I downloaded the update for the beta just bow and it seems to be perfect.

Woohoo.

Edit: I spoke too soon. Kicked again, code: bee

Advertisement