Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bride & Groom Entrance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

While I wish the couple well in their marriage, the video is utterly cringeworthy. It reminds me of a work colleague who had a choreographed & rehearsed "surprise" first dance (along with their names & the date embroidered on the napkins).

Although... she's got a fine jiggle going on in the car...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Why oh why oh why would you bother with something like that. Is not getting married just enough anymore, does everyone have to try and make it better than everyone else's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Ah well. Whatever floats your boat, I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Ah it was amusing I guess if you were in the function room waiting, but I found the video a bit long - the best bit was the rally car!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

eviltwin wrote: »
    Why oh why oh why would you bother with something like that. Is not getting married just enough anymore, does everyone have to try and make it better than everyone else's?

'Different' being the aim, and consequently thought to be better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭GalwayGirl26

Bit overdone. Stunning dress though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Jaysus. That is awful. I'm actually embarrassed for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

SCARLEH for them in my cynical old age! ;)

Her dress was GORGEOUS though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

nice dress but its one of those videos that was good for the situation but really is meaningless and cringeworthy if you dont know them personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Oh god that's so cringeworthy. I could only watch a minute or so. I can imagine the fixed grins on people watching 6 minutes of that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

eviltwin wrote: »

No. Getting married is not enough at all. Our wedding has to be better bigger funnier and more expensive then the last wedding we were at. End of. That's what weddings are all about now.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Sweet divine jaysus. I got as far as 'Bob the Builder' and just couldn't take any more. The photographer was a blatant rip off of this:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭893bet

it wasnt that bad, weddings are mention to be cringy.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Bobsammy

Bit overdone. Stunning dress though.....

Is she wearing two totally different dresses or is it the same dress just altered?

Fairly overdone alright, don't think I'd be too impressed at having to sit through that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭Gatica

When I saw it was over 7 mins long, I was delighted this was on youtube and I could do the fast version....

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭foggy

The bride is the sister of the videographer. I'm guessing it's as much a plug for his business as it is 'oh lets do something funny and unique'.

I just think...already starving, sitting at the table and then waiting another 10 mins for that to be over. the bride and groom to be seated, etc..

not for me but each to their own

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

Let's hope they didn't do the speeches before dinner also, would not be impressed having to sit through that and then wait again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭893bet

Miserable people in this thread. Jaysus!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭GalwayGirl26

Bobsammy wrote: »
    Is she wearing two totally different dresses or is it the same dress just altered?

Fairly overdone alright, don't think I'd be too impressed at having to sit through that!

Two different dresses, one in the video looks like it's from Monsoon (something similar anyhow), the second one looks heavier (more traditional bridal shop style!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Is the announcer at the beginning called John?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

That's embarrassing to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Dont mean to be bad or miserable, I can see the work that went into it and on the day it might have been something novel but if someones going to put that out there on a public forum, they're going to get honest thoughts about it and I found it really awkward to watch and not in a good way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Cringe.

Don't really like her dress, just a bogstandard strapless wedding dress! Though that's beside the point, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah, that was very bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Tarzana wrote: »
    Cringe.

Don't really like her dress, just a bogstandard strapless wedding dress! Though that's beside the point, I guess.

Watch to the end. The dress she enters the reception in.

The film was clearly done before their actual wedding, her hair isn't done and the dress is just for the clip.

Her dress on entry into the function room, is, in my opinion, gorgeous :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

Ah I think it's quite cute. It's definitely not as funny as I'm sure the couple thought it would be, but it is quite cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭An Bhanríon

Ha ha, I think that video is great fun and really sweet. But obviously, it might not be if you're waiting for your dinner...

Different strokes for different folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Ah Its a bit of harmless fun fair play to them.
    Would not have done it myself for love or money but I admire their balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,501 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Lisha wrote: »
    Ah Its a bit of harmless fun fair play to them.
    Would not have done it myself for love or money but I admire their balls.

I agree.. dishing them for it as other posters have done is a bit OTT

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I just hope they were aware that it was going up on youtube. If I was them and it was put up without my knowledge I would NOT be impressed.

Advertisement