Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda 3 2.2 150bhp

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

The 2.2 wasn't a closed loop dpf. I check my levels weekly, and the only time I saw mine rise was when I took the car home over Christmas and it was stuck in extremely heavy traffic for a week or ten days. Otherwise it stayed constant and they don't burn oil usually based on inspection of old oil on owners forums (where this issue came up from time to time).

On the whole they so seem reliable if serviced on the button and used as they should. There's a few mega mile examples on owners forums without issue.

Hope they've sorted the paint out though. That was my only complaint. It was ridiculously poor quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Old diesel

The 2.2 wasn't a closed loop dpf. I check my levels weekly, and the only time I saw mine rise was when I took the car home over Christmas and it was stuck in extremely heavy traffic for a week or ten days. Otherwise it stayed constant and they don't burn oil usually based on inspection of old oil on owners forums (where this issue came up from time to time).

On the whole they so seem reliable if serviced on the button and used as they should. There's a few mega mile examples on owners forums without issue.

Hope they've sorted the paint out though. That was my only complaint. It was ridiculously poor quality.

My apologies - obviously wrong info :(

(bows head in shame :eek:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Old diesel wrote: »
    My apologies - obviously wrong info :(

(bows head in shame :eek:)

Mazda were closed about it on launch mind:)

Either way, if used as it should be the old 2.2 was one of the better engines in it's class. I wouldn't buy one secondhand though. Lowering the viscosity of the oil is going to have a negative effect long term.

Advertisement