Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Football League Chat Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,015 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Is Iroced in yet he is a forum regular. Id be very surprised if he wasnt to join.
    He hasn't actually joined the league yet, maybe you should give him a PM. I'm not going to, as it wouldn't be fair of me to send one to one poster but not everyone.

Also, I don't think the 2nd ranked guy in the Championship would thank me too much for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

CSF wrote: »
    At the moment, the top 2 in the Championship rankings will move into the Premiership, the top 7 in the League 1 rankings will move into League 1, the top 11 from League 2 will move into League 1, and the top 15 on the waiting list will move into League 2.

Obviously, this will make alot of people happy (35 to be exact) but I'm massively disappointed about it. Don't really see too many more signing up now either to cut into that number.

Can't believe 2 people who qualified for the Premier League haven't joined up.

Fair play to you for setting this up CSF and I can completely understand your disappointment on the signing up front.

I can only imagine the indignation that'll appear on this forum post July 31st from posters who find they've lost their places. I just hope they'll be sensible enough not to direct any annoyance toward you.

Exactly, if they've been any way active then they'll have received a pm and seen the numerous threads on here.

If they haven't been on here since the sign up thread, they don't deserve the spot, imo.

12 hours to go still 10 unclaimed places across all 4 leagues.

Not quite as bad as it looked. Would very much like to add to that before August begins though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I hope nobody else shows up for selfish reasons! Don't know how i missed out on the original sign up thread last season!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I hope nobody else shows up for selfish reasons! Don't know how i missed out on the original sign up thread last season!

I reckon there's a lot of lads on holidays still.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I reckon there's a lot of lads on holidays still.

Id wager that a decent percentage of that 10 wouldn't end up signing up if the deadline was the 11:30 Saturday August 16th deadline.

I don't even know how to accurately quantify what percentage of people that is but I'd wager at least half

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

As the number one ranked team in League One, I won't exactly be shedding tears if one team in the Premier/Championship fails to make the deadline :p

Benimar wrote: »
    As the number one ranked team in League One, I won't exactly be shedding tears if one team in the Premier/Championship fails to make the deadline :p

You'll be in the Championship, no question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Benimar wrote: »

The question is, can your lads handle it?

They could have done with the year in League One to gain experience!

Yep, better to be a high flier in a lower league than relegation fodder in the premier!

I reckon league 2 might actually be the most competitive / toughest due to the influx of teams that would have been higher had they signed up in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Tense wait to see if i make it in. How am i lookin' CSF :o

manual_man wrote: »
    Tense wait to see if i make it in. How am i lookin' CSF :o
    I think (don't quote me) you'll get the last League 2 place assuming somebody doesn't sign up in the next 27 minutes. This is tense.

I think (don't quote me) you'll get the last League 2 place assuming somebody doesn't sign up in the next 27 minutes. This is tense.

:eek::eek:

:D

:eek::eek:

:D
    I'm afraid I've got some bad news
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKu_s2twcC3HQGkuBfGyD8V0X2IphzBQ9oCfawKkCOphT1nPs3

i did notice. flurry of late sign ups. ha

THE WINDOW HAS SHUT.Sky-Spts-News-Evening-Report-01-27-17-12-21.jpg

i did notice. flurry of late sign ups. ha
    You're only one place out so if one of the 6 backups (I think its 6) doesn't take their place within the 24 hours you're in.

i think spacecowboy might be ahead of me as well. anyway sure what will be will be :cool:

• Advertisement

i think spacecowboy might be ahead of me as well. anyway sure what will be will be :cool:
    spacecowboy has a spot I think. You were unfortunately the cutoff :(

spacecowboy has a spot I think. You were unfortunately the cutoff :(

Just seeing this! YESS!:D

are we gonna have a champions cup/europa league again this season?
    Hopefully, think Lemlin said he'd be running it again. Looking forward to the increased amount of competitions I'll be in this year.

Hopefully, think Lemlin said he'd be running it again. Looking forward to the increased amount of competitions I'll be in this year.

If there's interest in those cups again, I've no problem organising them. Was going to see if people wanted them.

Lemlin wrote: »
    If there's interest in those cups again, I've no problem organising them. Was going to see if people wanted them.
    I'm very very eager for the full complement from previous years. Cup, CL, EL, Intertwobob.

Obviously it wouldn't be fair to expect you to run them all, but I don't think that was the case in the past anyway.

I'm very very eager for the full complement from previous years. Cup, CL, EL, Intertwobob.

Obviously it wouldn't be fair to expect you to run them all, but I don't think that was the case in the past anyway.

I'm happy to jump in to whatever is going too, the more of these types of competitions run on the forum the better craic you get from the game (although the stress of it sometimes seems far from fun:pac:). High standard among forum members only helps to improve your own game too.

I just looked after the Champions Cup and Europa League, and I had the help of a good few others.

I think it was Mr P that looked after the Milk Cup Rumbelows Worthless Worthington Losers Challenge Cup :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

I just looked after the Champions Cup and Europa League, and I had the help of a good few others.

I think it was Mr P that looked after the Milk Cup Rumbelows Worthless Worthington Losers Challenge Cup :D

Reporting for duty sir, if you need any assistance.

Reporting for duty sir, if you need any assistance.

Good man. Those score sheets you do are top notch. I'm back in the homeland next week so will throw a start up thread together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

I can help out this year if needed. Definitely throw my name in if it's going ahead.

Need to avenge my knockout in the round of 32 last year :p

Advertisement