Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supernatural - Season 10 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

The sooner this season ends the better, disjointed with no real running theme, worst season bar the Leviathan season in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Liamalone wrote: »
    The sooner this season ends the better, disjointed with no real running theme, worst season bar the Leviathan season in my eyes.

I'd be inclined to agree. I thought it started off well, but lost it's way several episodes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'd be inclined to agree. I thought it started off well, but lost it's way several episodes in.

Deanmon was a fantastic idea and I wish they kept it going for the season or atleast for the first 2/3s. Although he could return in some shape or form if the Mark sets him off.

Supernatural always has its monster of the week episodes, especially in a 20 plus episode run.

It'd be great to see them run with a 13 episode arc and take a season truly dark for the duration. At the same time I enjoy Supernatural's standalone episodes a lot more than other shows. They do funny better than "funny" trying to do funny.

The jeopardy is long gone which is a problem though. It would be fun to switch up the season style of: strong opening episodes, mix of monster and light meta, serious episode, monster, mid season finale, run of standalone episodes, rejoining the main story, holy crap season finale setting up next season.

Still my favourite show from a comforting point of view and has my loyalty as long as it runs. I still think they could do a lot with the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Ronanc1

I do feel in retrospect that season 8 was probably the latter seasons peak, the whole gates of hell, angel's and demon tablets probably would have made a good finale over all, one brother sacrifices themselves to put and end to it yada yada Cas takes out Amanda Tapping and sorts heaven out etc. Season 9 and now 10 have been pretty aimless and overall not too interesting, I even prefer season 7's Leviathan to the current stuff tbh never understood the hate for it at all, you had great wit between Crowley/Meg/Cas/Dick Roman etc A serious character death we could truly mourn, the introduction of Charlie too. I often watch clips of older seasons and ep's on youtube but don't think i've rewatched anything relating to the last two seasons :(

This
    They do funny better than "funny" trying to do funny.

and this
    Still my favourite show from a comforting point of view and has my loyalty as long as it runs. I still think they could do a lot with the show.

Ronanc1 wrote: »
    I do feel in retrospect that season 8 was probably the latter seasons peak, the whole gates of hell, angel's and demon tablets probably would have made a good finale over all, one brother sacrifices themselves to put and end to it yada yada Cas takes out Amanda Tapping and sorts heaven out etc. Season 9 and now 10 have been pretty aimless and overall not too interesting, I even prefer season 7's Leviathan to the current stuff tbh never understood the hate for it at all, you had great wit between Crowley/Meg/Cas/Dick Roman etc A serious character death we could truly mourn, the introduction of Charlie too. I often watch clips of older seasons and ep's on youtube but don't think i've rewatched anything relating to the last two seasons :(

I thought the latter half of Season 7 (Leviathan Season) was absolutely brilliant, but the first half was a bit all over the place and seemed like the show had lost the run of itself a bit, but they came back from that and the second half of Season 7 and all of Season 8 were brilliant.

They just need something to liven things up a bit again next year - we all know Dean will more than likely have the mark removed by the season finale, and perhaps Sam will kill Crowley, but overall there's not much exciting happening at the moment - they need a new big bad of some sort, which may require them to move away from Heaven and Hell for awhile...

Greek Gods anyone???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I'm fairly fed up of the whole "Angels are all super dicks" and "Demons don't pose a problem anymore" angle.

Deanmon could have been a great big bad. But they went with the "Oh **** DEANMON..oh wait, he's grand" Far too rushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I can't help but feel that episode gave some closure to Castiel's character. I hope that's not telegraphing a shock in the finale....

Imagine if Dean did the unthinkable?

Mr E wrote: »

Went Vegan?

I can't help but feel that episode gave some closure to Castiel's character. I hope that's not telegraphing a shock in the finale....

:eek:

Well that would certainly shake things up...

:eek:

Great episode - I wonder if the Steins are going to be the main bad guys next season?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Eyes on ice, handy escape and Southern ac-cents.

I did enjoy Castiel's referee remarks and his interaction in this one.

We should all buy a Surface now, right? Hi Charlie, and thanks.

'Fail on pain of infinite pain'.

Arm's a dangling.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

Noooooooo :( don't say that

• Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

She can't be gone. I haven't watched any promos to avoid spoilers, but killing her just to drive Dean over the edge is a bad idea. Not because it'd be a valid reason for him to go full on evil, but because she was basically killed by a minor monster, since think this is only the second week we've encountered this family.

On another note, I'm confused about Castiel. I thought he was full angel again after getting his powers back, yet he still seems to be pretty powerless going by last week and this week.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yeah, I'm not sure. He got his grace and wings back, but is maybe still not 100%. I dunno.

Great episode. The Steins could be a very interesting arc next year if they don't wrap it up now in the next 2.

Dean is going to go nuclear! Loved the way he just started questioning Sam, getting more p!ssed off by the second. Is Charlie dead or just badly beaten? Although considering the Stein's ruthlessness she's surely after joining Bobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

playing catch up just did episode 20 and we are again given another slim hint of the greatest spuernatural spin off that will never happen a series focused on jodie mills. Mixing single parent raising potentially now 2 teenage girls and hunting vampires, angels and demons.

Just thinking, what are the chances that they'll use Episode 200's version of Carry On My Wayward Son for the season finale this time?

Edit: Was just watching and they don't have the instrumental part for all the stuff that happened

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭Sparko

Why didn't Castiel just teleport to Charlie before she was attacked? I imagine they have to hold back on using Cass like that for the sake of story telling but it just seems like a glaring omission.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,393 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Part of me was expecting Charlie to open her eyes and say psych with a big smile.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Sparko wrote: »
    Why didn't Castiel just teleport to Charlie before she was attacked? I imagine they have to hold back on using Cass like that for the sake of story telling but it just seems like a glaring omission.
    Story wise they'll cover it by saying he had to guard Rowena but yes, it occurred to me too.

• Advertisement

That's why I was asking if he got his full angel powers back. I remember thinking something last week about him not using his powers as well. Think was when he didn't teleport to help Claire at the barn.

And can see no reason for him having to keep an eye on Rowena. Not like Sam was always there before he told Cas and Charlie about her.

Average enough finale to an average season.

Average enough finale to an average season.

Unless you've seen some unreleased episode, the season finale is next week. Dean beating the snot out of Cas is hardly a finale worthy cliffhanger, even in the worst season...

Unless you've seen some unreleased episode, the season finale is next week. Dean beating the snot out of Cas is hardly a finale worthy cliffhanger, even in the worst season...

That makes more sense alright :D

It came up as season ender on my tv guide app.

Faaaack. I thought he might have actually done it for a second, especially with the speculation from here rolling around in my head during the scene.

Sam is just as much of a monster as the rest of them. Finally we have menacing Crowley back too. So much for the Steins playing a part next season then :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

That makes more sense alright :D

It came up as season ender on my tv guide app.

Supernatural season finale guide:

did you hear this?

yes? its the season finale!

no? tune in next week!

Jesus, I thought... just for a second... yikes. Was anyone else waiting for a white light?

Great episode. I guess the Steins aren't sticking around after all. :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Damn, that was a dark but strong episode. Dean was so cold when he basically executed a kid. Not sure how he'll feel next season when he is (presumably) mark-free.

I see the CW head has basically said he has no intention of the next season being the last if the ratings continue as they have been and the actors want to sign a new contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I thought it was a pretty good episode.

I will say that they've introduced and done away with a lot of interesting characters/storylines this season. However, I doubt that's the last of the Steins. Sure, a bit of a lightning storm, and a passing knowledge of high school science, and Old Man Stein should be back on his (or someone elses) feet. Or pop his brain into young wosshisname Stein's body, the one Dean murdered, and surely he's good for another episode or 5.

I did like Cas's speech about when Dean turns, and lives for centuries, all his family will be gone, but Cas will remain, and have to be the one that takes him down.

And by fúck, am I glad to see the King of Hell get back to being a badass. Rowena was right, he's pussied out a lot lately. He's a vile, vicious, conniving, underhanded crossroads demon, that is the KING of Hell. He took over from Lucifer. He should be the one that, when he turns up, they exclaim "Awww, hell no!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

My only issue with the ep ........is

this is Castiel when he first arrive eons ago (ok so only seasons ago) http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130423042434/supernatural/images/8/8a/Castiel_shows_his_wings.png

....where was this , he got his mojo back .....and if he meant business this should have been present .

Advertisement