Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France Stage 14 – July 19th, Grenoble - Risoul **Unmasked Spoilers**

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Majka
    pelevin wrote: »
    Indurain to my memory's wins were pretty boring viewing. Nibali putting more time into the rest on terrain where he's so strong seems like good tactics to me.

They were, by and large, mind numbingly boring.

I admire how he's riding from an entertainment point of view but I do think he's wasting energy.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Majka
    Majka in Polka dots in Paris would be great from a TCS point of view...hard to look past Nibbles though... I think JRod is finished

Rodriguez is far from finished. He's riding into form slowly. I think he'll take the polka dot jersey in Paris.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Bardet
    Brian? wrote: »
    They were, by and large, mind numbingly boring.

I admire how he's riding from an entertainment point of view but I do think he's wasting energy.

But if you're gonna gain time you got to expend energy. Who knows what might happen in the roads ahead in terms of needing the time-gaps, & my inclination - from the easy comfort of home - would be along the lines of the likes of Merckx & strike while you can. Nibali, besides, doesn't seem to me the type to make too many enemies.

Now that it's come to mind, what was that stage again where in the yellow jersey on a mountain day Merckx basically rode on a solo break to victory from something like 150 km out?!

Advertisement