Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cavan General - Consultant Led?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

cyning wrote: »
    I think your the first!!

I didn't get stitches either! I didn't get any pain relief on second birth so thank god I didnt need stitches! I swear I was more scared about getting stitches with no epidural than I was of the whole labour! Needles down there with no pain relief... NO THANK YOU! I would've preferred push a 12 pounder out of me with no pain relief than get stitches! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Sligo1 wrote: »
    I didn't get stitches either! I didn't get any pain relief on second birth so thank god I didnt need stitches! I swear I was more scared about getting stitches with no epidural than I was of the whole labour! Needles down there with no pain relief... NO THANK YOU! I would've preferred push a 12 pounder out of me with no pain relief than get stitches! Lol

Sligo1 I could of sworn she injected me with something when I got stitched???? It was very very very sore :( but maybe I just imagined it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I used gas and air for my stitches when I had no epidural. I got an awful fit of the giggles! When I had my epi on the first I could still feel everything so had both a local anaesthetic and gas and air too.

So I take back what I said about not knowing anyone who didn't need stitches then ;)

Make sure you do pass on the info to the consultant led team: they may think you are just squeamish as opposed to phobic if it's just noted in your file if that makes sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

cyning wrote: »
    I used gas and air for my stitches when I had no epidural. I got an awful fit of the giggles!

This really made me lol. I can't think of a more 'unfunny' occasion! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Merkin wrote: »
    This really made me lol. I can't think of a more 'unfunny' occasion! :D

Legs in stirrups, lovely male doctor stitching me up and I there thinking I was the funniest person ever cracking jokes about needing to have this for all my wild Saturday nights out! And considering I've been pregnant or breastfeeding non stop since October 2011 believe me they are less than rare ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

I've had 5 babies in Cavan incl an emergency section on my last.
    Your darling husband will be asked to go home the night of your induction but depending on your gyne you might be brought in for induction at 7am so your dh can stay with you.
    If you fear needles let them know they are brilliant and will put that magic cream on before you need canualas ect,if you are being induced though you will more then likely need a canuala for oxytocin if things are not progressing as fast

Advertisement