Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jesus & Mary Chain - Vicar St 31st July

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

holly8 wrote: »
    and Black Tambourine

Seriously? This has gotten even better then.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

ticket arrived in the post today, phew, was getting worried there! it says doors 7.30 show 8.30pm. does this mean jamc are on at 8.30??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

quaidox wrote: »
    ticket arrived in the post today, phew, was getting worried there! it says doors 7.30 show 8.30pm. does this mean jamc are on at 8.30??

I presume that means the support act.

hmmm, dunno,,, might check with bouncers when i get there and head to thomas house for a pint if there is time b4 the main event...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Now that you mention it, my ticket hasn't arrived yet. I'll email ticketmaster, but ring them in the morning. I presume I'll be able to pick them up at the door tomorrow, instead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

dinneenp wrote: »
    I presume that means the support act.

from promoters ...

opener 7.50-8.10
    Black Tambourine 8.30-9.00
    JAMC 9.30-11.00

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

holly8 wrote: »
    from promoters ...

opener 7.50-8.10
    Black Tambourine 8.30-9.00
    JAMC 9.30-11.00

The Black Tambourines, from Falmouth, Cornwall, are supporting,

there is an item about them supporting at tonight's gig on their facebook page on the update on the entry dated 26th july

https://www.facebook.com/theblacktambourines

I don't think the band Black Tambourine from Washington are formed at the moment?

the details about their activities on wikipedia is in past tense http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Tambourine

The Black Tambourines, from Falmouth, Cornwall, are supporting,

there is an item about them supporting at tonight's gig on their facebook page on the update on the entry dated 26th july

https://www.facebook.com/theblacktambourines

I don't think the band Black Tambourine from Washington are formed at the moment?

the details about their activities on wikipedia is in past tense http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Tambourine

So, it's not Black Tambourine? That's disappointing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Suas11 wrote: »
    So, it's not Black Tambourine? That's disappointing :(

It seems not, but maybe check with Aiken to confirm.

from the facebook page and it would appear that its The Black Tambourines as opposed to Black Tambourine?

Do you know if Black Tambourine are currently together, the Wikipedia details suggests that they are not?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

Latest set times.....

Jesus And Mary Chain ‏@TheMaryChain · 3m
    @kennyu272 8.20-9.00pm:The Black Tambourines 9.30 THE JESUS AND MARY CHAIN

• Advertisement

I'm collecting the ticket from the venue tonight. I'm just wondering whereabouts is the box office in Vicar Street and it is just a machine or someone behind a counter?

I've also to collect tonight. I've been to Vicar Street before for comedy, but I can't place a ticket office. I assume it won't be too well hidden though! Tickets can be collected anytime after 7, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Gerlad

Box office is across the lane from the entrance and up a bit on the left hand side.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

hmmm... not great i'm afraid

Wasn't the best gig ever but I enjoyed it, despite the sound problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

....I sort of enjoyed the chaos.

William Reid looks a good deal like King Buzzo these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭uncle ernie

enjoyed that, few false starts and a few technical hitches but still a decent gig.

I'd say a few words were exchanged backstage after, bass and guitar seemed to be behind most of the ****-ups

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

Setlist from last night -

enjoyed that, few false starts and a few technical hitches but still a decent gig.

I'd say a few words were exchanged backstage after, bass and guitar seemed to be behind most of the ****-ups

A few angry words seemed to be exchanged between Jim and William on stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭yknaa

Really enjoyed the gig. First time seeing them and even enjoyed the words exchanged between the 2 brothers.

• Advertisement

Yeah Jim properly laid into William at the very last false start! Good gig, if not a great one.

My ears are insanely sore!

Unshelved wrote: »
    Setlist from last night -

I didn't manage to get a setlist, offered to buy it from someone who had one but he said no.

Anyone have good photos from the gig, I was talking to one guy with a Canon, got the name or his site but forgot it.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

encouragingly there weren't too many taking photos with cameras last night-maybe it was the older crowd or something....

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭uncle ernie

Media weren't allowed so the only pics from this will be on folks' twitter and facebuke

Media weren't allowed so the only pics from this will be on folks' twitter and facebuke

Not necessarily, the guy I talked to has a blog/website.

Forgot to mention earlier but I thought the Black Tambourines were very good. Better than expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Found him; this is the guy I was talking to briefly. Some good photos
    http://mememe2u.wordpress.com/2014/08/01/the-jayzis-and-mary-and-joseph-ball-and-chain-vicar-st-31-july/

found the whole thing terribly disappointing, dull as dishwater, tons of mistakes, not loud enough, only a few psychocandy songs played at the encore, by which time i had given up and retreated to the front bar. they need to up their game BIG time if they want to pull off the psychocandy gigs in the uk later on this year....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

Yeah Jim properly laid into William at the very last false start! Good gig, if not a great one.

That was pretty funny, petulant.

Despite the many problems and balls-ups I actually enjoyed the gig. I'd been warned by more than one person (after I bought my ticket) to expect them to be awful, so the lowered expectations helped, I suppose.

Advertisement