Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France Stage 13 – July 18th, See mod note post #107 **Unmasked Spoilers**

Options
  • 18-07-2014 12:14am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Tdf14_stage13_profile.png

We are officially in the Alps! The first climb is a very moderate 8 km at 4.1%, and will invite a sizeable breakaway. Following this there is a full 100km of flat roads, before the riders hit the Col de Palaquit. The climb is 14.1 km long and has an average gradient of 6.1 %, and inrng have produced an excellent description of it here.

PROFILCOLSCOTES_1.png

After the descent there is the small matter of the intermediate sprint, before the riders face the most difficult task of the day, the summit finish up to Chamrousse. It is just over 18km long with an average gradient of 7.3%. It begins quite severely with several sections in double digits for the first 7km, before slackening off towards the summit.

PROFILCOLSCOTES_2.png

Joaquim Rodriguez appears to be coming back into top form, and will be keen to race for the KOM competition. Nibali appears to have the yellow jersey safely in his grasp and will be the distant favourite going into the stage, being the strongest climber left in the race. But there will be resistance from Porte, Valverde, Pinot, Bardet and Peraud.

Darkglasses' outrageous prediction - Christophe Riblon to make a successful breakaway for the stage win.

Oddschecker: Nibali 5/2, Rodriguez 11/2, Valverde 13/2, Porte 11/1, Pinot 12/1, Riblon 33/1

Stage winner 44 votes

Nibali
    0%
    Valverde
    15%
    ZiabRBlowfishslfcarro5xbox gamermarvin80EamonnatorTo Alcohol 7 votes
    Rodriguez
    6%
    letapeomicronFigsy32 3 votes
    Porte
    18%
    buffalohawkwingGreen&RedpajorHmmzisdogsearseeeeepelevin 8 votes
    Pinot
    4%
    glackNS77 2 votes
    Rolland
    2%
    lissard 1 vote
    Rodgers
    9%
    Brian?chubba1984conneshaMichael2107 4 votes
    Konig
    9%
    death1234567duffyshuffleGetWithItSolobally8 4 votes
    Navarro
    4%
    Decuc500Bugsy2000 2 votes
    Roche
    4%
    Beastydaramike 2 votes
    Bardet
    9%
    InquitusderealbadgerPeterxmhiggy09 4 votes
    Riblon
    2%
    fergie24 1 vote
    Spilak
    4%
    CramCycleDarkglasses 2 votes
    Van Garderen
    0%
    Majka
    2%
    macbane66 1 vote
    Mollema
    2%
    Raoul Duke 1 vote
    Feillu
    0%
    Schleck
    0%
    Nieve
    0%
    Peraud
    0%
    Van den Broeck
    0%
    Trofimov
    0%
    Voeckler
    0%
    Horner
    0%
    Gauthier
    4%
    ThisRegardGlass Prison 1214 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

I'm interested to see what Movistar have in store for the others. They have been very quiet and Valverde is sitting pretty in 3rd without drawing too much attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Valverde
    Christophe Riblon might do some damage today alright but not sure about the stage win. He has been quiet so far this TDF, I think only in the break away once. He rode an amazing TDF last year so he could definitely take the stage but is his form good enough?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Rodgers
    Rolland will certainly have a go, might make it.

Today is the day the race will really miss Contador. I think we'll see Nibali and Porte pace up the final climb with a small attack at the end to take 10-15 seconds.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Two races today

One between the breakaway including Purito,Navarro, Tinkoff Saxo riders

2nd GC guys behind ...with Nibali taking it IMO .....Hopefully Valverde & Pinot will have a go ....Maybe Horner & JVdB will also be up there and have a go
    Bardet is saying he will have go

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

MPFG wrote: »
    Two races today

One between the breakaway including Purito,Navarro, Tinkoff Saxo riders

2nd GC guys behind ...with Nibali taking it IMO .....Hopefully Valverde & Pinot will have a go ....Maybe Horner & JVdB will also be up there and have a go
    Bardet is saying he will have go

Agreed. Rodgers for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,748 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Good opportunity for Roche or Rodgers today. I think Nico in particular has looked in good form and I fancy his chances of staying in the business end of any break.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Bardet
    Voted Roche, but hard to see past Nibali, hope I am wrong, would love to see on of the men up in the GC make some inroads into his lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,165 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

roche to go up the road first, start getting reeled back and Rodgers to have a stab then.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭daramike

Roche
    the break will stay away today, Astana will leave it off as long as no GC threat is in it. I think Valverde will do the best of the GC guys. I can see Pinot and Porte suffering with the heat today. I think the winner will come from Rodgers, Navarro, Spilak or Rolland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Porte
    Just put €1 e/w on Porte. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,333 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

What a bizarre place to put the intermediate sprint! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

Konig
    I'm in on Rodgers too 18/1 earlier

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Spilak
    My betting account is locked, but one of the guys in work followed my suggestion and took Riblon e/w at 25/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Porte
    What a bizarre place to put the intermediate sprint! :confused:

It is weird but dead flat.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Spilak
    Very sad scenes, Dani Navarro has stepped off the bike and abandoned just now. Looked quite green around the gills.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,069 ✭✭✭buffalo

Porte
    Very sad scenes, Dani Navarro has stepped off the bike and abandoned just now. Looked quite green around the gills.

That's pretty sad alright.

On the plus side, a head-to-head with J Rod should pay off if he can make it to the finish. ;)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,094 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Roche
    Couldn't believe the Cofidis team car there - Navarro was weaving all over the place, and clearly capable of collapsing at any moment, and they simply drove alongside him. Would have thought someone could have jumped out to help him get off the bike safely and not risk him actually colliding with the car

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,094 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Roche
    ... anyway, just voted for him - hopefully that'll cheer him up a bit:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Spilak
    Europcar, Sky, Astana, and Katusha are all sticking together at the front. Good sign of things to come :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,333 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Arthur Vichot (FDJ) and Javier Acevedo (Garmin) have also abandoned today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Konig
    pajor wrote: »
    It is weird but dead flat.
    and it's the only part of the stage that is flat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Gauthier
    We need more inserts like that one about the truck that cools the road. Not the boring ones with riders talking tactics.

Spilak
    Tommy V dropped now, he won't be contesting any KOM points.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 96 ✭✭mruser2014

Tommy V dropped now, he won't be contesting any KOM points.

Crazy.

It's amazing how Tommy V has changed from riding with the top climbers in the world and finishing 4th in the Tour to a poor rider hanging off the back in just a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Horner looking strong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭MS.ing

poll needs more options

Spilak
    MS.ing wrote: »
    poll needs more options

25 is the maximum you can put in on this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Those GPS gaps are all over the shop. Just gave 35 secs to Bakelants and then the 1k to top sign gave 1.02. Big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Porte
    The other star of these races besides the riders and crowds - of course the landscapes. What a magnificent land France is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭MS.ing

25 is the maximum you can put in on this site.

what kind of a shambolic poll situation is that :mad:

Advertisement