Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home content insurance

Options
  • 16-07-2014 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

We are trying to get insurance for contents only. The area we stay in has recently been declared a flood area, although it has not flooded, as per people here, ever. Insurance companies will not insure us. When we ask them if possibly, they could insure, with a clause that flooding by natural causes will not be insurable, only fire and theft for instance, the answer is no. Does any one else have a similar problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 freddy1711

Hi Tremaro,
    I am having exactly the same problem, even though my gaff is second floor so little risk of flood damage. I was advised today to look at the list on the Irish brokers association website. I was also told to try Aviva, alternatively knock on doors in the area and ask your neighbors, it's what I'm planning on doing in the next few days. Good luck, do let me know if you find anyone willing to insure in flood prone areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tremaro

Hi, managed to get insurance from small local broker in Gorey, excluding flood damage. That is fine with us, as chances to be flooded are less than 1%.

Advertisement