Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the earliest/latest you've ever hit the road for a run?

Options
  • 16-07-2014 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭

What's the earliest time you've ever the hit the road for a run?

Or if you're a night owl, what's the latest?

I often set the alarm for 5am, but don't manage to start until 5.30am. I think I came home at 10 or 11pm a few times, not that extreme!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

I've gone out as early as 4.30am and as late as 11-11.30pm, so it was obviously after midnight when I finished those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

4.30am on both accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

tang1 wrote: »
    4.30am on both accounts.

On both accounts, meaning you once stayed up until 4.30am and then went for a run?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

On both accounts, meaning you once stayed up until 4.30am and then went for a run?!

Got home from work at 4.30am and went for a run. Often used to go running at that time when i worked in Clontarf and was on nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

I've gone out for a recovery run at 11pm. If its the only time you can do it, its the only time.

No way would I do a sesssion at that time though.

One of my favourite runs of the year is a light jog at 10pm around June 21st when its still bright.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Used to run at 10pm a lot while I was working on my masters. Never been a morning person so haven't gone earlier than 7am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Earliest is 5.40am, latest is about 9.45pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Did a session last week at 12.30am finished up shortly before 2. Area is well lit, cycle lanes empty so is perfect and peaceful,

Earliest was probably 5am after an airport run where there was no way in hell I was getting back to bed,

To be honest time of session doesn't bother me too much provided you are getting proper recovery around them, one mans mad is another mans routine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

I once got up at 3:30 am for a long run. Got some heckling from a group of boy racers on their way home, apart from that one scene it was a very quiet run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

12 miler at 5 am this morning is earliest - latest was probably 8pm. I'm a morning person :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

I must be the laziest person here!
    9am earliest and 8pm latest!
    Although there was one morning i did a drunken run about 6 am but that was definitely an exception!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭mdlb

5am is the earliest I would get out... often get some shouts of encouragement and the odd race from the drunk people on the way home!! :D

9.30pm the latest, and that would be for something short...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

7am earliest, 11pm or midnight latest, though I haven't been doing much of either lately unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

On a regular work day it's been around 6:30am, however I value whatever extra few minutes I can get in bed these days so it's been a long time since I've done that.

As for lateness, finishing up after 10 hasn't been unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Earliest 3:30 - 4am a few times before catching the redeye.
    Latest, can recall running shortly after landing in Hyderabad a few times at 5:30 am local time which would be midnight or 1am depending on the time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,604 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Tried so many times to do a 7-8 am run. Just couldn't get up. Horrible feeling!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

Haven't run between 1am and 4 am. Run at every time in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭saucyjack

05:00 and 23:00. 05:00 was the best…no one on the roads apart from one squad car pulled up beside me for a long look. Reckon they musta thought anyone running to/from anywhere at 5 bells has done SOMETHING :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Earliest - never before 7am - and only that early a handful of times

Latest: up to near midnight a few times
    saucyjack wrote: »
    one squad car pulled up beside me for a long look. Reckon they musta thought anyone running to/from anywhere at 5 bells has done SOMETHING :)

I got the same thing the weekend before last and it was only about 11:00pm ona Saturday night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭ger664

Earliest is DIL run every year ~4.AM. Started a 20 miler one night at 10 P.M and finished at 1 A.M.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Last winter it was 5:00-5:30am starts - on country roads its only me,my head torch and the odd bemused commuter!, never really did late runs however my current plan is to run evenings but so far 5pm is the latest, don't think I'd be able to go for a run once I got comfy after dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭PaulieC

probably a trail run at around 4:30 AM in Bellevue. Hadn't a clue where I was going and predictably got lost in the dark with no torch. Was never so happy to see a road in my life

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Duanington

earliest would be 6:30

latest probably 10 pm ..ish

Although I suspect the early runs will have to get earlier leading into marathon training :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

5:30am - 11:30 pm

But back in the day 3 am runs home from the pub were very common.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Had a mate visiting from America, and we went up to Belfast which threw my schedule off a bit. Instead of going to bed (I knew I'd get up late and come up with an excuse not to run), just decided to go for a run right as the sun was coming up, so around 4am it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

I do all my weekday runs before work so I'm regularly on the road from 5am onwards, something smashing about been out early.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

tang1 wrote: »
    Got home from work at 4.30am and went for a run. Often used to go running at that time when i worked in Clontarf and was on nights.

Must have been before the 10 hour shifts were introduced!!!

Up to last month I could proudly say never before 7am.

But bharte here has dragged me out on a couple of 40km + cross country efforts at 5 am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Earliest 5:30 am, latest probably only 9pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭crisco10

Not a big fan of late night running myself; takes ages to get sleep after. Latest I would have headed out is only 9pm or so.

Have gotten up at 4am before for an LSR before a 7.30am meeting; generally though the earliest I'd go is out the door is at 5.45/6.00am.

Advertisement