Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was mugged tonight .. what should I have done/do next time?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 zzaaaaaaaaaap

Whatever the best tactical decision was, would the justice system not give the word of someone with no criminal record who works for a living a greater weight than the word of a known scumbag ? The reason the OP had to be in that area was clear - to do his job . The criminal had no legitimate reason to be there and that would come out in any subsequent story.

No. Do it right now. Don't go to bed while this lunatic is on a rampage. You dont have to come in contact with him again but you should let the Garda know that this person is a danger to others right now.

Do you really want to live in a society where people turn a blind eye to crime ? If someone had seen you been killed and the scumbag running away , would you have told someone to wait until morning before reporting it ?

++++ FOLLOW UP!! ++++++

Ok, so it's reassuring to know that there's some justice in the world.
    His girlfriend's mother turned him in. He was arrested last night, confessed to the robbery and was charged (specifically with what charge I don't know just yet - but he was apparently up in court this morning).

I'm relieved the scumbag was caught, but now I'd like to know if there's any chance I can take this to a small claims court situation and try to get my money back? Will that cost me more money than it's even worth?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭JanaMay

Glad he was caught. Scumbag.

Just a thought. Do you take phone numbers for all deliveries ordered? Could you tell people that you'll phone them when you're outside their door, and stay in the car until the door is opened? Might cost you a few extra minutes but at least that way you'll be sure it's a genuine order.

ETA: you definitely did the right thing though!

Advertisement