Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken 7 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Electric Wind God Twirls confirmed for Chloe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Macal wrote: »
    http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2015/2/11/tekken-7-new-gameplay-images-of-shaheen.html Some screenshots of Shaheen and a bit of a description on his playstyle, as well as Lucky chloe's.

Graphics in screen shots are more impressive then others I have seen to date. I wonder is this the console or pc version?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Graphics in screen shots are more impressive then others I have seen to date. I wonder is this the console or pc version?

Neither. It's the arcade version.

The more I look at these screenshots, the more I think I look like a white version of Shaheen.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭omara95

Looks like Kazumi is in the game after all. She seems to have some of the Mishima moves too. Heres hoping she's playable and has ewgf!

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

I would doubt she's a playable character. She's probably an addition to the main storyline in order to wrap the series up. My bet is she has some role to play in the final boss battle.

• Advertisement

Harada's walkthrough of Lucky Chloe and Shaheen.

Can someone actually tell me how to make pasted links show the actual vid or pic in the comments section? I'm getting annoyed by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,975 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It's

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

These days you can put in the whole URL either

Details from Wonkey relaying Harada and co's description of Kazumi's boss fight.

"Upon reaching the last fight, players will be greeted by a rather fabulous-sounding intro of Kazumi entering the arena atop a tiger. During the battle, she uses the animal as a sort of summon that functions like a projectile. Other tools at her disposal include the Flash Punch and Demon Slayer strings typical of Mishima characters, Jinpachi’s Nyoishou (and, presumably, its follow-ups), and more.

It was also revealed that Kazumi utilizes her Devil form in the second round, which may be a not-so-subtle nod to the origins of the transformative powers and other story elements"

Sounds rather fabulous.

Kazumi with cancans, EWGF and f2 pls

• Advertisement

Before and After

LCbeforeafter.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MazManZero

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Kazumi with cancans, EWGF and f2 pls

Please; Knee Taunt > Electric Wind Jet Upper 9 frame launcher.

some character-specific news from the Jaepo version.

Shaheen: d/f+2,1 is similiar to Ancient Ogre's b+2,1
    Shaheen: u/f+3 is like Bryan's Orbital Heel.
    Shaheen: Basic combo notation: d/f+2 or u/f+4 or u/f+3, d+2, f+2,4,4 (tailspin), d/b+2,1
    Shaheen: d/f+2 is like Lee's d+2 and launches.
    Shaheen: win quote - 'This victory was inevitable.'
    Shaheen: Low pickup for combos with 4,1. An airborne opponent→ 4,1→ f+2,4,4 (tailspin)→ ff+3
    Shaheen: Tall character, slightly taller then Lars.
    Lucky Chloe: d/f+1+2 is exactly like Eddy's and Christie's. She seemingly has some moves that are Capoiera-like.
    Lucky Chloe: Her 2P color outfit is a light blue for when both players pick Lucky Chloe.
    Lucky Chloe: Her Rage Art starts with a low hit. To do the max damage with the RA, you have to time the button press after the hit in the animation.
    Hwoarang: d/f+3 has been replaced with Baek's d/f+3,4. Hwoarang can cancel it like Baek can.
    Hwoarang: Left Flamingo f+3 has been changed to Baek's Flamingo f+3.
    Hwoarang can't go into Flamingo stance after RFF 3~4 anymore. ("Backlash" move. Hwoarang players would combo with it after a JFSR)
    Hwoarang: 2nd hit of RFF d+4,4 (the high) has been removed. Maybe replaced?
    Dragunov: The combo: d/f+2→ f+4,4,3→ f+1→ f+1+2 (tailspin)→ continue - now works.
    Dragunov: b+1,2 has been made into a tailspin/kirimomi move.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

I haven't seen any of the latest vids, what are ppl's thoughts on Shaheen?
    If he plays like a combinataion of Lee and Miguel (like I suspect) then he could be one of my new mains. :)
    some character-specific news from the Jaepo version.
    Hwoarang: d/f+3 has been replaced with Baek's d/f+3,4. Hwoarang can cancel it like Baek can.
    Hwoarang: Left Flamingo f+3 has been changed to Baek's Flamingo f+3.
    Hwoarang can't go into Flamingo stance after RFF 3~4 anymore. ("Backlash" move. Hwoarang players would combo with it after a JFSR)
    Hwoarang: 2nd hit of RFF d+4,4 (the high) has been removed. Maybe replaced?
    That's a lot of changes...
    Hwo getting Baek's d/f+3, a HC mid string and CH launcher is really nice. It being cancellable too means he can atleast use it to condition the opponent to enter, BUT, Hwo not having Baek's fla d/f+3~f cancel means he can't fla-dash... Which really limits the use of the attack.
    Also,
    His old d/f+3,3 was 14f NCc which gave a guaranteed followup. 60 dmg in total....losing a 14f CH is a bit of a loss, even if the attack was -14f

Hwo losing his LFS f+3 is a REALLY big loss. His LFS is his "safe poking" stance and the fact that he's losing one of his best interupts AND pressure tools from that stance will hit him hard! Also, it means we've lost the guaranteed follow up from CH LFS 3~f.
    I had thought they would have changed his LFS b+3 which is a more like for like replacement with Baek's f+3

The backlash changes really affect his combo potential.
    Hwo players would normally cancel this to go for a wall carry after JFSR launch if they wanted to wall carry without B! also, really affects his post wall B! juggle options, and his enders.
    Currently Backlash into RFS b+4 is his most damaging ender.
    But, the biggest nerf will be to his "instant B!" situations where you had to bound straight away or caught the opponent airbourne with an attack and fluked a B! (though, with the new changes to the B! system, this might be less of an issue)

Dunno.... will have to get my hands on it first to make an appropriate judgment but I'm not happy with the info coming out....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,702 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Before and After

LCbeforeafter.jpg
    There's a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MazManZero

Only Fergus can tell the difference. He's the Waifu player after all. :pac: He sees things we don't.

Other than the dark details on pic #2; I'm not noticing anything different either except the fact she looks like a weird penguin in pic #2 with that stance.

The difference is pretty huge to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I just see fuzzier sleeves and much better lighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    There's a difference?

My response exactly. I'm not even joking, I can't see what's been improved about the graphics.

Chloe's rage art clearly needs a damage nerf.

• Advertisement

Kinda feels like watching soul calibur.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

C

H

L

O

E

Buff Lucky Chloe

How so, Skeering?

The arcade release is officially tomorrow, so there might be some streams from Korea and Japan to watch tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭omara95

I taught this build was only being released in Japan?

How so, Skeering?

The arcade release is officially tomorrow, so there might be some streams from Korea and Japan to watch tonight.

I guess because it was two new characters on screen mostly. It's also just the way the characters move around the screen, it seems quite similar to how I remember the great game that was SCV.

Plus the new rendering just looks so damn shiny, like how I remember SCV lol. Anyway it'll be easier to talk about after the launch, can't wait! :eek:

I see. Yeah I checked there and you're right Omara, it's just Japan.

Tekken group I made on FB for the community, should be easier to organize meetups etc.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/776119089139883/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Lucky Chloe is seriously getting my interest to play

That 1234 stance is my jam

I think that makes 3 Lucky Chloe players now? Oh well.

So some major news relayed from Wonkey. Generic throws can now be broken with either 1 or 2.

Oh, and Devil Kazuya has Jinpachi's reverse bear hug, apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,702 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

4 Lucky Chloe players now.

Feck it I'll probably try and learn T7 too.

Advertisement