Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noisy kids

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

emeldc wrote: »
    When we were kids we had a neighbour who was very good at giving the ball back ………..... Burst.

The same neighbour who's house got done the worst at Halloween and got the most knick knacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭pandoraj09

I totally sympathise with you. I put up with similar stuff for years. Small kids in droves racing through my garden from early morning til late at night. I started growing a hedge which is now quite mature but full of holes as the kids regularly ripped it up and left the bits all over my lawn. They would also bang on my window while I was watching tv. I used to spend the summer evenings in the spare room at the back of the house, watching a tiny tv, turned up load, with earplugs in at the same time so I couldn't hear the kids. In the back was a non stop barking alsation, cooped up in a small space....I ended up renting out two rooms and living with a friend and paying rent to her...When I pop over to my house the neighbour next door gives me hell about the hedge saying I should be cutting her side of it....Her grandson was one of my main tormentors when I lived there. As someone else said, when those kids get older, another batch will come along. Its basically down to lax parenting, and a misconception that the estate is one big playground. People make a joke of it as they don't know what its like to live in these places..I used to look so forward to cold winter's nights, when I would have relative peace...bar the barking dog...If I were you I would move...this won't go away. I have been left with a permanent health problem as a result. I used to be constantly on edge waiting for the football to bang against my window, or kids to belt on the window shouting names at me...eventually my body started to react to any nervousness by jerking, I have it when I'm in bed every night. My doctor says its an abnormal response due to the years I was on edge living in that estate. No doubt some will find this hilarious but its caused me huge problems and distress. I was forced to buy the bloody house there due to the ridiculous price boom at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Behind my row of houses there is a small apt complex, built about 10 years ago. There was a bungalow in its own grounds ie not overlooked when we moved in. But it burnt down and apts put up. Never had an issue with that till they put a playground at the other side of my wall, about 20ft from my back door 2 years ago.
    I have returned to college to get my degree , and have concentration issues as it is. The kids are left off to roar and scream, small toddlers left to use the play equipment unattended by parents, they are always falling off the climbing frame and screaming for ages, before an adult appears.
    Hurry up term time and winter!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Yea I am going back to college in September and dreading it. Literally like 2 feet behind my house is a large carkpark. For years it was used by skateboarders. They built a fancy pants skatepark five mins up the road. Some of the fckers STILL use the carpark. Then chaps use it for football and joyriders for donut turns and the like. Drives me potty.

Congrats and good luck hdowney. I'm planning on living in the uni library as much as possible.
    Did I mention the trial-ly bikes in the field adjacent, its either kids or loud bikes with young fellas on them, no helmets etc.
    My son will be attending 3rd level this year also, so the noise will affect all of us.
    Now both my neighbours have small kids, they don't bother me with their footy games etc out the front, their parents are watching them and don't let them make too much noise.
    The numerous large dogs - akitas, gsds etc the road can make some racket as well, never mind fouling a common green area where kids could play safely,if it wasn't full of dog s*** Rant over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

zef wrote: »
    Did I mention the trial-ly bikes in the field adjacent, its either kids or loud bikes with young fellas on them, no helmets etc.
    Is there a requirement for helmets to be used if the bikes are off-road?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

No Pants wrote: »
    Is there a requirement for helmets to be used if the bikes are off-road?
    Yes and tax ad insurance as well as proper licences if the bikes are rolled out onto the roadway.

zef wrote: »
    Congrats and good luck hdowney. I'm planning on living in the uni library as much as possible.
    My son will be attending 3rd level this year also, so the noise will affect all of us.
    Now both my neighbours have small kids, they don't bother me with their footy games etc out the front, their parents are watching them and don't let them make too much noise.
    The numerous large dogs - akitas, gsds etc the road can make some racket as well, never mind fouling a common green area where kids could play safely,if it wasn't full of dog s*** Rant over.

Thankfully the neighbour who had a raft of noisy dogs has gotten rid of them. Mine bark at certain things, but I know how to shush them and don't let them be overly disturby to the neighbourhood.

I doubt I'll live in the library cos I'm gonna commute up on the bus and I'd rather get home at a reasonable hour unfortch. Earphones I think It'l be.

Good luck to ye both

(nosey off topic what ye studyin?)

Arts in Maynooth. :-) Thanks.
    Ive heard of those mosquito things, quite expensive and can be heard by people up to the age of 25, costs about 500stg, and its range is 40 mtrs. So in my case, it would affect my own son and the 3 little kids on either side. Its more an anti teen loitering device for outside shops etc, no, than an anti noisy child device.
    From Wiki 'Under Ireland's Non-Fatal Offences Against the Person Act, 1997, anyone who "directly or indirectly applies force to or causes an impact on the body of another... without the consent of the other" (force including "application of [any] form of energy"), is guilty of committing assault. This issue has been raised in relation to the Mosquito device by Ireland's Ombudsman for Children following legal advice provided by Youth Work Ireland,[27] but has yet to be tested in the Irish courts.'

Cool. Access to Arts (hopefully followed by Arts - specifically History and English Lit) in UCD.

I couldn't use one of them yokes my dogs would go nutty

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

hdowney, zef, can you take the non A&P chat to pm please.

/Mod

Yesser, sorry sir :)

Seriously though, noisy buggers were out there spinning their cars again today in the lashings of rain. One of these days they'll come in the wall to the garden and expect looking after and calling of ambulances.

Advertisement