Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Next valve game is . . . ?

Options
  • 13-07-2014 5:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

Right firstly sorry if i got people hope up when they saw the forums name.
    What do people think will be the next standalone valve game(exc add on such as csgo operations for example )

The Next Valve game 64 votes

Half life 3/ep3
    0% 0 votes
    A new Counter strike
    25% 16 votes
    dota 3
    0% 0 votes
    tf3
    4% 3 votes
    portal 3
    0% 0 votes
    l4d3
    9% 6 votes
    Day of defeat 2
    45% 29 votes
    gmod2
    0% 0 votes
    Source 2.0
    0% 0 votes
    Something valve(new)
    15% 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,872 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

NOT COOL DUDE

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bioforce Ape 2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Steam 2.0 now with out the need to only worry about sales a few times a year as it's on 24/7...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

Even a question mark in the title would have been nice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Oak76 wrote: »

Done, to prevent further suffering. ;)

If the next game is to showcase Source 2 then I think it will be HL3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Ricochet 2 Hat edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

The head says L4D3, but the heart yearns for HL3. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Oak76 wrote: »

Done, to prevent further suffering. ;)

If the next game is to showcase Source 2 then I think it will be HL3.
    Damm you mods and you powers.

id say l4d3 but with the release of source 2. id say hl3 was made but then they decided to make source 2 and then when to do l4d3 to piss off people.

i dont see what they can add to l4d3 expect custom characters or cods create a class weapons (but that defeats the purpose of being thrown into a zombie world with no experiences in firearms) I presume a level system but again defeats the purpose of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

L4D3 going on leaks/rumours. Not a bad thing either if it lives up to the standard of L4D2-still a brilliant co-op game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

L4D is normally co developed with Turtle Rock though is it not?

And there gonna have been/be busy with Evolve.

Although id definitely take another l4d game,id love to see valve do an original IP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

EoinHef wrote: »
    L4D is normally co developed with Turtle Rock though is it not?

And there gonna have been/be busy with Evolve.

Although id definitely take another l4d game,id love to see valve do an original IP

They came up with the original together alright, but TR only did DLC for the sequel - the main L4D2 game was done by Valve themselves iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Cool,i did not realise they had only done DLC for L4D2.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

L4D3 is what I'm hoping for more, used to run servers for the others so would love to set up again for the new one and get the old community back.

The HL3 hype has come and gone for me, they'd almost have to deliver something truly spectacular to even get near the amount that has amassed over the years.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

L4D3 would be the one I'd like to see most. TF2 is still doing extremely well, so I can't see a TF3 coming any time soon, and I'd say the same about DOTA 2.

Angron wrote: »
    L4D3 would be the one I'd like to see most. TF2 is still doing extremely well, so I can't see a TF3 coming any time soon, and I'd say the same about DOTA 2.
    with tf2 , and csgo , they are just adding on so much with out a new engine (which i think will be released soon with a new game) they cant do much. If they were developing a new tf or cs , they wouldn't have so many new updates

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

I'd say source 2.0 and possibly a Blue box down the road

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

bpb101 wrote: »
    with tf2 , and csgo , they are just adding on so much with out a new engine (which i think will be released soon with a new game) they cant do much. If they were developing a new tf or cs , they wouldn't have so many new updates

TF2 still gets very regular updates so I would agree with those who say TF3 is unlikely at the moment.

I wouldn't mind L4D3 either. Of course I would much prefer HL3 though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,855 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Going by leaks, I'd say L4D3 to show off Source 2.0.

Wasn't there some game that rereleased or is due to be rereleased with a new engine rumoured to be source 2.0?

How long in advance do you think valve would properly announce something and not just mention them in passing?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Going by leaks, I'd say L4D3 to show off Source 2.0.

Wasn't there some game that rereleased or is due to be rereleased with a new engine rumoured to be source 2.0?

How long in advance do you think valve would properly announce something and not just mention them in passing?
    Hl2 was suppose to be 6 months before it was leaked

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

• Advertisement

bpb101 wrote: »
    Hl2 was suppose to be 6 months before it was leaked

Yeah they have said on a few times that they won't announce a game too far in advance of its release.

Although that usually does not take into account Valve time!

Yeah they have said on a few times that they won't announce a game too far in advance of its release.

Although that usually does not take into account Valve time!

Well valve have a valve time to actualy time conversation chart
    The valve time of hl3 was Christmas 2007. The actual release day coincident with the rapture
    See link: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

If valve is smart, they will never launch half life 3. No matter how great game will be, it will never live up the expectations.

It will be like Duke Nuken forever.

If valve is smart, they will never launch half life 3. No matter how great game will be, it will never live up the expectations.

It will be like Duke Nuken forever.
    May i request a mod to block this guy, he's giving valve bad ideas :D

And the winner is counter stoke Zombies

Well it's not by valve but with their associates

Valve time had the story http://www.valvetime.net/threads/counter-strike-nexon-zombies-announced.245391/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Ah that doesn't count. It's for Counterstrike Online 2 which isn't even available outside parts of Asia.

Monotype wrote: »
    Ah that doesn't count. It's for Counterstrike Online 2 which isn't even available outside parts of Asia.
    yea i know , just thoughts it was worth a mention. They have had the zombies in css for ages but as more of a mod. this will be free to play

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

Steam 2, or How To Get More Money From People Via Steam

as im sure everybody heard it was source 2 but no info on a game yet.
    i still think it wiil be hl3. i except a November release

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

Is it not going to be that portal type of game they showed during presentation of their VR device?

Advertisement