Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoors watches.

Options
  • 11-07-2014 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

I'm in the market for a new watch and it would be great to get one suited to the outdoors. Compass, Altimeter etc and preferably less than €100. I like the look of the G-Shock ones but there's just so many of them I don't know where to start.

Does anyone have a particular watch that would fit the bill that they would recommend ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I'm in the market for a new watch and it would be great to get one suited to the outdoors. Compass, Altimeter etc and preferably less than €100. I like the look of the G-Shock ones but there's just so many of them I don't know where to start.

Does anyone have a particular watch that would fit the bill that they would recommend ?

Thanks.

http://www.creationwatches.com/products/casio-protrek-58/casio-protrek-triple-sensor-prg-270b-1-mens-watch-5000.html

now i want it damm

edit: ok i bought it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

Tigger wrote: »

Looks like the job. I take it you've used that website before ? And its a watch you're aware of ? As in has a good reputation and all that ?

You bought it ? I'm sure you're genuine but every bone in me is screaming scam :D

Interested in a watch sir ? Bargain at this price. Dammit I want one of these myself. Hell I'm gonna buy one ! :pac:

Looks like the job. I take it you've used that website before ? And its a watch you're aware of ? As in has a good reputation and all that ?

yeah all those things if you want to wait till mine comes i'll give you my opinion in detail but ive had loads of casios and they a great tough watches

it seems great value at 125 for a compass an altimeter and a barometer in a solar watch.

i have a g-shock ant they are everything they claim to be, this watch will be grand.
    the only worry i'd have is the size i';ve got a 8.5 inch wrist and i'm kinda large, i regularly wear a 50mm watch but you'd want to be sure its not too big

You bought it ? I'm sure you're genuine but every bone in me is screaming scam :D

Interested in a watch sir ? Bargain at this price. Dammit I want one of these myself. Hell I'm gonna buy one ! :pac:

yeah i'm scamming you lol

here is all the fake posts i've built up over the years in various poster personas i invented:pac:

http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?subforums=1&forum=1175&query=creation

we are all watch addicts in here you made me research a watch for you and when i found it i wanted it. there are guys in here that wear watches worth more than my car and my bike added together

look here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=90694762

that thing makes me cry

yeah all those things if you want to wait till mine comes i'll give you my opinion in detail but ive had loads of casios and they a great tough watches

it seems great value at 125 for a compass an altimeter and a barometer in a solar watch.

i have a g-shock ant they are everything they claim to be, this watch will be grand.
    the only worry i'd have is the size i';ve got a 8.5 inch wrist and i'm kinda large, i regularly wear a 50mm watch but you'd want to be sure its not too big

It does look good for the price, fits the bill and its fits my budget. I was a bit worried about the size too. My wrist wouldn't be very big. I guess I probably should measure it and try see how it might fit before buying.

• Advertisement

It does look good for the price, fits the bill and its fits my budget. I was a bit worried about the size too. My wrist wouldn't be very big. I guess I probably should measure it and try see how it might fit before buying.

try one on there is a similar one in argos its metal and costs far too much but it'd give you an idea for size

i've never been hit but you might get stung for a few euros import duty if you buy from creation
    ill let you know how i get on

try one on there is a similar one in argos its metal and costs far too much but it'd give you an idea for size

i've never been hit but you might get stung for a few euros import duty if you buy from creation
    ill let you know how i get on

I'll try to do that, thanks for the advice and sorry for lightening your wallet :D

After getting my head around how big that watch will be I think its going to be way too big for me. My wrist is between 6.5 and 7 inches and the watch I have now is about 45mm top to bottom whereas that one is 55mm. And having checked out some images of people with smaller wrists wearing them I dont want to end up with a wall clock on my arm.

Having a weiner wrist doesn't seem to be compatible with wearing one of these watches, they are all pretty big. Ya reckon it would be possible to find one of these ABC watches that would be around 45-50mm without going too far beyond my €100 budget ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

here is a slightly smaller one on amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Casio-Digital-Watch-SGW-300H-1AVER-Resin/dp/B003LSU0K8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405250105&sr=8-1&keywords=watches+with+altimeter

try them on in a bricks and mortar store if you can, i have fairly small wrists (7.5 inch) and i'm currently wearing my seiko 007 which is a shade over 40mm and doesn't look huge.

Dont't forget that generally the bigger the watch the thicker it is as well so it may not look as silly as you would

*edit
    or have a look here and see if any ticle your fancy
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=watches%20with%20altimeter

The more I learn about these watches the greedier I get and more I want. I've my heart set on a solar watch with Altimeter, Barometer and Compass now :o

• Advertisement

thats the addiction starting
    soon you will be getting excited about lidil herbal tea cos the boxes look nice with watches in them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

foe whats its worth, this seems to tick the boxes but may wear smaller with the fabric strap

http://www.creationwatches.com/products/casio-protrek-58/casio-protrek-atomic-triple-sensor-prw-3000b-3-mens-watch-4930.html

tonyj_mc wrote: »
    foe whats its worth, this seems to tick the boxes but may wear smaller with the fabric strap

http://www.creationwatches.com/products/casio-protrek-58/casio-protrek-atomic-triple-sensor-prw-3000b-3-mens-watch-4930.html

I was looking at those even though its currently a little out of my price range. But I assumed given its 56 × 47 × 12.3mm it would still be pretty big on me.

I guess given its width is 47mm it may not look as large on the wrist if the lugs (they seem to be called) sit well ?

same internals in a smaller package :D
    why is it dearer? i wonder :confused:

Its a little less fancy that what I've come to greedily want. Not solar powered, no altimeter, barometer or thermometer.

But it is smaller, has a compass, is a protrek and only 50 quid. I think I might get it.

Thanks for posting it btw and the pm Tigger. You're not too bad for a scam artist :D Did the other watch arrive yet ?

Its a little less fancy that what I've come to greedily want. Not solar powered, no altimeter, barometer or thermometer.

But it is smaller, has a compass, is a protrek and only 50 quid. I think I might get it.

Thanks for posting it btw and the pm Tigger. You're not too bad for a scam artist :D Did the other watch arrive yet ?

you know how to use parcel motel to get round the post to ireland thing i take it?

no but i went into h samuels to try on the same watch with a different strap and slightly different colors (for €225) and its lovely and wears smaller than i thought

mine is in transit should get it tuesday or so

you know how to use parcel motel to get round the post to ireland thing i take it?

no but i went into h samuels to try on the same watch with a different strap and slightly different colors (for €225) and its lovely and wears smaller than i thought

mine is in transit should get it tuesday or so

Haven't used parcel motel before but I'll figure it out if I need to. You reckon that one you tried on is small enough for a midget like me with a 6.5-7inch wrist ? I don't mind it being big on me as long as its not comically big.

Haven't used parcel motel before but I'll figure it out if I need to. You reckon that one you tried on is small enough for a midget like me with a 6.5-7inch wrist ? I don't mind it being big on me as long as its not comically big.

sure go into a h samuels and try it on

just pretend you've never heard of the internet

sure go into a h samuels and try it on

just pretend you've never heard of the internet

None near me. Too much effort involved in getting to a brick and mortar shop anyway. Plus I'm lazy.

• Advertisement

None near me. Too much effort involved in getting to a brick and mortar shop anyway. Plus I'm lazy.

Me too but it was Mrs Tigger's birthday so I brought her to a couple
    of shops to pick a watch got her this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B004JKBHCW/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?ref_=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item

€230 delivered or €400 in hsamuels
    Mad altogether

watch came
    got hit for 28 euros VAT and 10 admin charge by DHL
    so total €163

photo (10).JPG

so a year later if worn it 5 days a week, i'm a flooring contractor so tools dust etc etc and its perfect
    thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

I got a casio g-shock rangeman and its been great, use it running, camping, swimming etc. its a monster of a watch though.

pics or gtfo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I got a G-shock Mudman.
    Great watch, sturdy as hell, chunky and fun.
    Surprisingly light too.... For a big watch....

363390.jpg

Advertisement